Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crash Into Me ....

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by keithconn, May 20, 2002.

1. Anyone play, or have played this song? I realize its fairly simple, but I can't seem to figure out counting on it. Sometimes I count 4/4, and then it seems to change, and then I get lost, listen for a measure or two, and then start playing again..

Any tips would be kindly accepted.

Thanks -
    K.:D

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You know, I like Dave Matthews, and I've never learned any of their songs. I'm gonna check this one out in the next day or two and see if I can figure it out, I'll let you know.

3. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    The time signature, for the first few measures of the chorus, change.

If I have this correctly for the chorus it would go:

measure 1 ("...crash...") is in 5/4 time

measure 2 ("...into me...") is in 3/4 time

measure 3 ("...and I come into...") is in 6/4 time

measure 4-13 ("you...and i come into you...in a boy's dream") is back to 4/4 time and then the last measure in the chorus is in 2/4 time

It gets a little tricky. Hope this helps at least a little. :)

Cheers,
    Stephanie

4. i say don't learn it. guy at my prom just this past saturday played and he prolly didn't make it out of there alive. evn if you're not playing it for anyone, just save yourself and go with something else.

5. Stephanie - you have confirmed my belief that they are all over the place in that tune. I just want to get to the point where someone else messes up before I do - hehehe.

Starz - you might be right. Perhaps someone will back out before me though. I know that the drum part is no small feat, and I only wonder what kind of drummer I am to be playing with ... unless of course he is making up his own part - which is more like the case.

I have figured most of it out, but its more by feel than by counting and knowing exactly where I am - which is not good, but should get me through.

Thanks for the help.
    K.

6. hey keith, that guy who play it at my prom was annoying as hell but don't listen to me. do what you like. no one ever quite got where they got to by doing what other people tell them to.

7. song is fairly simple... learned it on acoustic guitar,

verse:

C# A B E Ab A B E ( then start over ) .. just gotta get the timing down...

then the part after the verse, chorus you could say.. The.. " crashh inntoo meee, babbyy"

Ab A B E----

thats bassicly it, i think?

sorry if its all wrong and sucks.. just tryin to help