1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crate 100watt combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chips, Feb 2, 2004.

1. So i put my new amp on lay buy today :D I can't quite remember that name of the model but it is a Crate 100 watt combo. After searching around through 4 or so different shops, i thought i was going to have to settle for the behringer BX120 i think it was... i thought it was okay and all i was gonna be able to afford. But on the way home i stopped into my more local store, Mega Music. had a look around, and was shown the Crate, i played it for about 30 mins or so, and fell in love :p
    The sound was unbelievably clean and warm and deep compared to the behringer. And i got it for $750 from $1000... so it ended up being the same price as the behringer... Any ways, enuf of my life story :smug: Next time you're looking for a nice combo, i recomend you check out the Crate ;)

Rock Out,
    Chips :bassist:

2. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Congratulations, Glad you are happy with your new amp. I hope you have a healthy back. That Crate weighs a ton!! :meh:

3. yeah, i have one. i agree, the tone is good, and the volume is reasonable for practicing indoors or for taking to a small jam or practice. for shows, other than being able to hook it in to a pa board, it is completely worthless. i'll never get rid of it because of its value for practicing and portability, but i would never count on it for a show of any sort.

*edit* - $750-$1000??? sounds fishy.

4. what about it sounds fishy? :confused:

5. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    If you are talking US Dollars then you paid over twice what one is worth......
    Crate BX100 at Musician's friend

:meh:

6. AUS dollars buddy;)