Crate 100watt combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chips, Feb 2, 2004.

1. So i put my new amp on lay buy today :D I can't quite remember that name of the model but it is a Crate 100 watt combo. After searching around through 4 or so different shops, i thought i was going to have to settle for the behringer BX120 i think it was... i thought it was okay and all i was gonna be able to afford. But on the way home i stopped into my more local store, Mega Music. had a look around, and was shown the Crate, i played it for about 30 mins or so, and fell in love :p
    The sound was unbelievably clean and warm and deep compared to the behringer. And i got it for $750 from $1000... so it ended up being the same price as the behringer... Any ways, enuf of my life story :smug: Next time you're looking for a nice combo, i recomend you check out the Crate ;)

Rock Out,
    Chips :bassist:
  2. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Congratulations, Glad you are happy with your new amp. I hope you have a healthy back. That Crate weighs a ton!! :meh:
  3. yeah, i have one. i agree, the tone is good, and the volume is reasonable for practicing indoors or for taking to a small jam or practice. for shows, other than being able to hook it in to a pa board, it is completely worthless. i'll never get rid of it because of its value for practicing and portability, but i would never count on it for a show of any sort.

*edit* - $750-$1000??? sounds fishy.
  4. what about it sounds fishy? :confused:
  5. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    If you are talking US Dollars then you paid over twice what one is worth......
    Crate BX100 at Musician's friend

6. AUS dollars buddy;)