crate 100watt enough?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mudvayneRules, Dec 15, 2001.

1. mudvayneRules

Dec 15, 2001
    does anyone know if a crate 100watt bfx would do the job for a small gig or a school? im looking for something small that will do the job if that wont work will you name some that might.
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    crate 100 watt will be just fine for school.My friend used a 50-watt for a high school auditorium concert and only had to turn it up 3/4 of the way.for a concert in a
  3. It will be fine for a school envirnment. But if you choose to play in a club or just any sort of gig with a band, the drummer and guitars, depending on their amps, will blow you out of the water.
  4. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Ive played Gigs with my Carvin PB100-15 and with a guitarist with a 65 watt Crate at a club and I was loud enough...
  5. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'm using a Crate BX-100 in small/medium clubs. It's holding up just fine. So far, I haven't pushed it past half-volume. When I want a little more presence, I add another 1x15 cab.
  6. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm also using a BX-100 and it's got plenty of volume for me (even with my really bass-heavy sound). The loudest I've ever had it was at an outdoor concert; I ran it around 8 on the master volume (7 on the gain) for several hours. It thumped like no other, yet still posessed clarity (though it was also against the wall of a shelter, so that helped a little bit).