Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crate amps resale value

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sandman_96, Jan 14, 2002.

1. sandman_96

sandman_96

Jul 16, 2001
    USA, Oklahoma
    I have seriously been thinking about selling my crate bx-100 and getting an ampeg ba-115 or maybe the b100r depending on how much i could get for my crate. If anyone could give me a rough estimate(sp?) it would be really cool. Thanks.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If you're going to sell it to GC, it'll be about one-fourth of list price. Really. They buy them new for half of list, and they'll only give you about half of what they'll sell your used one for. So you're better off trying to sell it to a private party. The best you'll be able to do is probably about half of list price, since you can buy a new one at GC for two-thirds of list. Clear as mud, right?

3. sandman_96

sandman_96

Jul 16, 2001
    USA, Oklahoma
    Im going to try to sell it to the store that I bought it from which is locally owned. I bought it from them for $350 which is about 30% of the list. If I remember right the store didnt pay much less than $350 for it. So maybe I could get around $200 for it? Does that sound about right or am I just babbling?