Crate Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by foolfighter24, Apr 16, 2001.

1. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    I have a simple question for you bass people here. (that doesn't really narrow it down... :D )
    I went into my local bass store today and tried out a new Crate Amp, the BFX100T. Now, while not being a lover of effects for bass, this amp has some nice features to it.
    1.) Portable....built w/ wheels and handle
    2.) Bang for the Buck....$490. Good stuff.
    3.) Tweeter that blends in nicely with the 15 inch speaker w/100watts.
    4.) Hey, the effects are pretty cool!
    5.) Good overall sound.

Also has a 5 year warrantee on it. Just wondering if anyone else has played this and what they thought about it and/or Crate Amps in general.(the similar amp from Crate is the BFX100) So thanks for any help or tips or what have you. :)
  2. Hey fighter!

While I don`t have the BFX100,I do have his lil brother...the BFX50.All I can say is this is one sweet amp for the price(IMHO).I played around with many others in it`s price range before I decided to buy it,and always kept coming back to the Crate.For me(self taught and play for the fun and as a hobby)this was the best value for the buck.

The FX are kewl but I seldom,if ever,use them.The best ones are the flange, and me anyways. I picked up mine at GC for 326.00 out the door.

Where will you be playing? In my living room I am hardpressed to crank her past 3 or so...that thing booms!The BFX100 has a few more bells and whistles to it.....adjustable eq ,etc.

Bottom line:I`m very happy with my Crate and would recommend them! :)

p.s. check into Carvin amps though before you make the final desicion.Their prices are great and I think they make quality pieces.If and when I ever buy another amp I will go with them,the buck to bang ration is just to big to ignore! :D
  3. for crates in general...
    i had the bx15 and dropped it down a full flight of stairs (on accident) 2 or 3 times and was still perfect. these things are built like a rock
  4. I think you're getting shafted with the price. GC has them for $420, and Musicians Friends has 'em for $400 even. Try to find one else where.

Yes the BFX100 is a damn good amp. Lots of tone to that one.

Rock on
  5. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for the replys!
    And just a question Eric, where are you seeing the BFX100T for $400?!? I don't see it at MusiciansFriend at all, and the BFX100 is at $440. I guess I'm just confused.... :confused:
  6. I am an owner of a huge Mesa/Boogie rig and it is the best sounding setup ever. I use a Carvin amplifier to practice with and it sounds killer. It is in the price range you're asking for and if you can live without the effects you'll get a much better clean sound from the Carvin.
  7. rubber chicken

rubber chicken Guest

Apr 7, 2001
    I also have the BFX50, and I love it. The effects are pretty good, but I don't use most of them. I got it for $315, and would recommend them.