1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crate B 200 XL Head ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MartinsFerry, Nov 13, 2010.

1. I have a chance to get a Crate B200XL amp with 2 4X10 half stacks.$700 Is the crate head any good has anyone had trouble:smug:

2. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I have a Crate BX 440H head from the mid 90's. It is part of their Thunderbass series paired with a Crate BXE 215 2X15 Thunderbass cab. I have never had an issue with any of my Crate cabs or heads and have also owned 3 or 4 other combo amps, cabs and heads from them. I am not familiar with the B200XL head though? Also, depending on the 2 - 4X10 cabs, that come with the head, it depends on what cabs and the condition everything is in if it is worth the money or not? In all honesty though, with the technology now days, you can get a much smaller amp that is more powerful and will do more for around the same amount of money and will have a brand new warranty.