1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crate bass amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr.Crowley, Feb 27, 2008.

1. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I have never been too impressed with Crate although i own a pratice amp from them.
    I tried recently an amp with similar set up from Yorkville and think the sound was very decent,if you get a chance check them out.

2. I have an MXB50 and regardless of what Crate-bashers may say, it sounds really good. Now that's an 'inconvenient truth.'

3. Earthquake

Earthquake

Dec 19, 2007
    SoCal
    For 200 bucks how can you go wrong? If it lasted 2 years it ended up costing you about 10 bucks a month with taxes and shipping. I bet it would last a lot longer though.

4. theLimeyBrit

theLimeyBrit Used Register

Feb 3, 2006
    Longview, TX
    I have an older head-only BX220. I got it used and it needed a bit of servicing, but since it came back from the shop it's been great. It holds up fine against two guitars and a drummer in a cosy little 10'x15' practice space, and it sounds awesome. Don't pay any attention to the Crate-haters - this is a perfectly decent amp at a great price.

5. emesen

emesen

Jan 3, 2007
    Lake Forest, Ca
    I had a BX200 with a matching 4x10 about 10 or so years ago... it was loud and kept up and I carted it all over. Never liked the sound though but I am convinced it was my crappy Ibanez bass I had at the time for when I sold it to a local music store the guy that plugged it in to test it made it sound real nice... so I am sure they are okay if you give it something to work with.

6. Bluesbreaker5

Bluesbreaker5

Mar 24, 2006
    I have the Crate BX220 head also. Got it as a backup for my Hartke 4000. Now the Hartke is the backup!

It's easy to carry and does fine in a 5-piece classic rock band for most bar type venues.

I got it new and on sale for $145.

7. PINBENDER

PINBENDER

Jan 20, 2008
    INDIANA
    hey im a beginer but the bt100 was the first combo i bought and it served me well. plenty loud.plenty low... payed the same price as the model u are looking at...no trouble with it so far.