Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crate BFX 100 [vs] Fender KXR 100 [vs] Bassman 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by intillectualmin, Sep 18, 2002.

1. intillectualmin

intillectualmin

Sep 18, 2002
    which would u go for and why? im lookin at those 3 amps right now... dont know which i would go for... :confused:

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Don't know about the KXR 100, but if it were me, I'd go for the bassman. Just because I like the sound better than that of the Crate-but thats just me.
    You might want to check out Peavey, or Ampeg (both Crate and Ampeg are made by St. Louis music products, but I think the Ampegs are better than Crates-just my opinion though.) The B100R Ampeg would probably be a good consideration here, since everybody else swears by them. I believe it's a bit cheaper than the Bassman too.
    Good luck with your choice. :)

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think the bassman is probably the best one (DOn't know what the KXR is).
    I wouldn't touch a Crate if my life depended on it there horrible amps I really hate them for some reason.
    Look at the Peavey TKO,TNT and Combo 115 there all excellent combos I'm not sure which will fit in your price range.

The ampeg B100R is another good idea i've not tried them but i've only heard good things.

But please please promise me you won't look at the crate again :( you'll only be disapointed and giving money to them to build more things that give ampeg a bad name. :D :D :D :D

Hope this helps.

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    fender bassman.. Crate shouldn't be included in this debate