1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crate BT-350 Tube Amp Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spinnerrulz94, May 2, 2010.

1. spinnerrulz94

spinnerrulz94

Apr 30, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    I'm looking into buying a Crate BT-350 Amp head. The person is asking $425 for it? Is it just me, or does that seem a little high? What do you think is a good price for that head?

2. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    IMHO, you could do a LOT better for $425. I've never heard anything that bore the name CRATE sound worth...well, anything. Again, IMHO and YMMV...

3. The Crate Bt-350 was a quality amp made in the SLM factory right next to USA made Ampegs. It was pretty close to a 3 pro, minus one or two tubes in the preamp.

OP, that head could be a quality piece. I had one for years...3 to be exact, and loved it. I will say $425 is way over its asking value, get him down to $300 or below, otherwise you are overpaying.

4. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    The Crate BT-350 is a good sounding amp ..... has a good tone ( a least to my ears ) ... as to the price, in my opinion $ 275- $325 would be my top price for a Clean/Mint looking unit .... those units are somewhat heavy ( 44 pounds ) and it was the only good amp that Crate ever built ...IMHO ..... I paid $300 for one several years ago ...

5. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I am quite aware of where it was made. I still have never heard anything branded Crate that sounded good. My post made no mention of quality. And again, IMHO, YMMV, IME, etc., etc.