1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crate BT-350?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jun 25, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I just had this guy hook me up with a really cheap deal. but i was just wondering. has anyone even heard of the Crate BT-350? I cant find info for it anywere. so i really dont know if it sucks or not. all i really cared for is that it was powerful enogh. so, how about it?

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I got a good deal on one of these too. Has lots of features: rackmount head with a tube preamp, a decent sounding built-in chorus, built-in crossover for biamping, footswitchable EQ, 350 watts at 4 ohms. It's loud enough. Sound? I think it sounds pretty good, not great, but that is subjective and I'm comparing it to my Demeter/Hafler rig, which does sound great. Not too sure about reliability as I have had the XLR out repaired twice and it still doesn't work, but that is a minor problem. I have gigged with it a few times, but it is mostly used for rehearsal and as a backup.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Awsome. someone else DOES have this rig. im finding out that the EQ is pretty good. and the chorus effect is really good. i cant belive i got the guy down to $700. for that AND a 4x10 cabnit. im not that stupid. since you have it. and so i dont have to post a stupid message. what is a tube preamp? is it just a tube effecting the signil before it hits the soild state? and where can i get a tube? ive never had a tube amp. if you dont know. no problem.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    DO A SEARCH!!!:mad:

Oh wait,,,, thats ME...wow.....what a cool old thread.

Count Bassie likes this.
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Calm down, breathe deeply, put your arms in here....we're just taking you away for a while to a nice calm place.... ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

...they're coming to take you away ...ha ha!! :meh:

7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Ohio, USA
    I gigged with a BT-350 for a few years, and I was happy with it. Not incredible tone, but it did the job for me. I put mine through a ton of abuse, and it held up well. I gave it to my 12-year old daughter, and it still works.

8. shindelins

shindelins

Dec 2, 2008
    i also bought bt350 along with a crate 4x10 cab used all for 350, and it's probably the best purchase i've ever made. i had a hartke half stack before that i bought new for somewhere around 800 and it was a joke compared to this. the bt350 has all the low end you could want. the tube preamp gives out really warm tones too, and just overall has a very manipulatable sound.

good buy.

9. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Dude...this thread is old.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Yes - what happened to PollyBass....:eyebrow:

11. ZLANTBASS

ZLANTBASS

Jul 30, 2010
    Just purchased a BT350 Crate... Trying to get past the name but will give it a shot. The reviews are quite impressive. I paid $200 + $35 to have it shipped. Thing looks to be built like a tank... Will post feedback for whoever gives a hoot!
    Peace

Count Bassie likes this.
  12. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I've got a Blackface BT-350, and it is a good amp, 350 watts into a 4 ohm load, has a tube preamp sounds good NV425, it's loud enough for most gigs ... the only real issue is some units had questionable solder joints, and I had one of those units, a good tech can fix it, I had it fixed and haven't had an issue since

13. Miezu

Miezu

Apr 7, 2011
    I have one since 20 years. Bought it as a cheap alternative to the ampeg Svt-3. It serves well. No maintenance at all, Lot of abuse. I did not Even bother to buy a case. Sounds deep and fat. The passive three band eq is great. Since playing a fender 57 RI Preci through it, everybody is giving me compliments about the great Rock sound.

14. Old thread, good amp. Used mine with my reggae band, through a Peavey Pro 810 cab. Deep and round, won the evening. Killer.

Played a rock gig, same rig. Got a nice rock sound, solid and dark, nice crunchy mid present. Very satisfactory tone. If it were my only amp I'd be ok.

I've played it through other cabs too, feel the same. It's so unadorned, in a way- I mean the tone is not complex, like SWR for instance- and it's decidedly non-boutique, and it's a bit invisible since no one wants a Crate. That's almost my favorite thing about it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017