Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crate BT-350?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jun 25, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I just had this guy hook me up with a really cheap deal. but i was just wondering. has anyone even heard of the Crate BT-350? I cant find info for it anywere. so i really dont know if it sucks or not. all i really cared for is that it was powerful enogh. so, how about it?

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I got a good deal on one of these too. Has lots of features: rackmount head with a tube preamp, a decent sounding built-in chorus, built-in crossover for biamping, footswitchable EQ, 350 watts at 4 ohms. It's loud enough. Sound? I think it sounds pretty good, not great, but that is subjective and I'm comparing it to my Demeter/Hafler rig, which does sound great. Not too sure about reliability as I have had the XLR out repaired twice and it still doesn't work, but that is a minor problem. I have gigged with it a few times, but it is mostly used for rehearsal and as a backup.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Awsome. someone else DOES have this rig. im finding out that the EQ is pretty good. and the chorus effect is really good. i cant belive i got the guy down to $700. for that AND a 4x10 cabnit. im not that stupid. since you have it. and so i dont have to post a stupid message. what is a tube preamp? is it just a tube effecting the signil before it hits the soild state? and where can i get a tube? ive never had a tube amp. if you dont know. no problem.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    DO A SEARCH!!!:mad:

Oh wait,,,, thats ME...wow.....what a cool old thread.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Calm down, breathe deeply, put your arms in here....we're just taking you away for a while to a nice calm place.... ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

...they're coming to take you away ...ha ha!! :meh:

7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I gigged with a BT-350 for a few years, and I was happy with it. Not incredible tone, but it did the job for me. I put mine through a ton of abuse, and it held up well. I gave it to my 12-year old daughter, and it still works.

8. shindelins

shindelins

Dec 2, 2008
    i also bought bt350 along with a crate 4x10 cab used all for 350, and it's probably the best purchase i've ever made. i had a hartke half stack before that i bought new for somewhere around 800 and it was a joke compared to this. the bt350 has all the low end you could want. the tube preamp gives out really warm tones too, and just overall has a very manipulatable sound.

good buy.

9. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Dude...this thread is old.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Yes - what happened to PollyBass....:eyebrow:

11. ZLANTBASS

ZLANTBASS

Jul 30, 2010
    Just purchased a BT350 Crate... Trying to get past the name but will give it a shot. The reviews are quite impressive. I paid $200 + $35 to have it shipped. Thing looks to be built like a tank... Will post feedback for whoever gives a hoot!
    Peace

12. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I've got a Blackface BT-350, and it is a good amp, 350 watts into a 4 ohm load, has a tube preamp sounds good NV425, it's loud enough for most gigs ... the only real issue is some units had questionable solder joints, and I had one of those units, a good tech can fix it, I had it fixed and haven't had an issue since

13. Miezu

Miezu

Apr 7, 2011
    I have one since 20 years. Bought it as a cheap alternative to the ampeg Svt-3. It serves well. No maintenance at all, Lot of abuse. I did not Even bother to buy a case. Sounds deep and fat. The passive three band eq is great. Since playing a fender 57 RI Preci through it, everybody is giving me compliments about the great Rock sound.