Crate BT220 and comparable amps...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shmanz, Dec 25, 2005.

1. shmanz

shmanz

Dec 25, 2005
    Hello and I hope you welcome me into your community of bass players. Well it being christmas my parents have pledged 500$ for a bass amp. Now here is where my questions start.

Any reviews on the BT 220, I played it in the store and it seemed nice but any true reviews. At music123 it is 499$ with no tax or shipping. Now are there any other options that could be used? As of now I play in 3 bands, 2 of them being church bands in a big space where a big sound is needed. The other is an indie rock band with gigs out that also needs sound. As of now I am bumming an old gallien-krueger 100w from a buddy of mine and while it has good tone, it doesn't seem to have enough power.

With 500$ give or take a little bit what would you suggest?

Thank you in advance,
    Shmanz

2. shmanz

shmanz

Dec 25, 2005
    I am heading to the music shop today. Any suggestions on which amps to check out in the 500$ range that rival the Crate BT220?

Shmanz

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Pretty much anything is better than that amp...

[​IMG]

4. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Theres nothing necessarily WRONG with the Crate amp, but there are far better ones out there. Any chance you could scrape up a little more dough? Its worth it, youll eventually buy something else anyway, might as well get it right from the off.