Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crate BT220 and comparable amps...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shmanz, Dec 25, 2005.

1. shmanz

shmanz

Dec 25, 2005
    Hello and I hope you welcome me into your community of bass players. Well it being christmas my parents have pledged 500$ for a bass amp. Now here is where my questions start.

Any reviews on the BT 220, I played it in the store and it seemed nice but any true reviews. At music123 it is 499$ with no tax or shipping. Now are there any other options that could be used? As of now I play in 3 bands, 2 of them being church bands in a big space where a big sound is needed. The other is an indie rock band with gigs out that also needs sound. As of now I am bumming an old gallien-krueger 100w from a buddy of mine and while it has good tone, it doesn't seem to have enough power.

With 500$ give or take a little bit what would you suggest?

Thank you in advance,
    Shmanz

2. shmanz

shmanz

Dec 25, 2005
    I am heading to the music shop today. Any suggestions on which amps to check out in the 500$ range that rival the Crate BT220?

Shmanz

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Pretty much anything is better than that amp...

[​IMG]

4. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Theres nothing necessarily WRONG with the Crate amp, but there are far better ones out there. Any chance you could scrape up a little more dough? Its worth it, youll eventually buy something else anyway, might as well get it right from the off.