crate bt220h head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 6sixx6, Dec 8, 2004.

1. 6sixx6

Oct 2, 2004
    has any one here ever used a crate bt220h head i have one and i want to know what other people think of it. i like it, it does what i want it too and has a decent sound (in my opinion) i got mine for $350 and a 410 for $100. i see nothing wrong with it.
  2. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Then there is nothing wrong with it. Enjoy.
  3. zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    FWIW, I picked up a Crate BX440H used a while back. I'm pretty happy with the sound and watts to bucks ratio. The eq is very effective, it's loud, and provides a very deep , warm, and clean bass sound that I like very much for blues , folk, and reggae. On the other hand, I think the highs are a bit brittle for my ear, so I cut back on those.

Sounds like the Crate head works for you too :) . Nothing wrong with that.

Crate gets slammed a lot, and i think that's ok. If someone doesn't like a piece of gear, they don't like it.

i think that if you like the sound , and it does what you want / need it to, it's a good piece of gear for you. The Crate works for me, at this point.
  4. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    You actually answered your own question in stating you, "see nothing wrong with it." If your happy with the tone, then it's your sound - for now. Be content and do not worry about what we, or anyone else thinks! Play, just play............and remember this, your one of the distinct few on earth. Your a bass player! :bassist: