1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crate BT25 (Good For Practice?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quinn Roberts, Nov 30, 2017.

1. A local business is having a used equipment sale and I saw they had a Crate Bt25 for sale. I've got a Rumble 500 (way too loud to practice solo) and A Rumble 125 that's got no power supply so I use it as an EQ through a Peavey KB60. This has been an alright setup for practice, but these two amps mixed with my active pickups is a bit too much EQ to deal with just for a simple practice session. Do you guys think I'd get a decent sound out of the Crate? I was mostlyy drawn to it due to the mid controls on it, which are similar to my Rumbles.

Attached Files:

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    I think it's time to invest in a good set of headphones and use the Fender Rumble 500. I would not spend a single dollar on that Crate amp. Sure, headphones may NOT be the most inspirational way to practice, but it is heck of a lot easier to hear yourself. With headphones, you can hear your mistakes much more clearly without disturbing a single person.