1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crate BX-100 Finally Died

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chiron685, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Chiron685

Chiron685

Mar 5, 2008
    I got it from a pawn shop about 9 years ago and I never had any problems with it. Then over the last couple of months the sound slowly started going. I had to keep turning it up higher and higher to get the same sound as before. Now there is no sound at all. It's getting power but that's it. I opened it up and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Ideas? I'm not really in a position to buy a new one at this point.

2. Time for a new amp, you probably deserve an upgrade after 9 years anyway

3. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Unfortunately it's probably pretty close to being dead, and it might cost some dough to bring it back to life. I wish I had some suggestions on how to get it working again without throwing money at it. My last thought is it's not worth fixing. Might as well put repair money towards something better.

4. Chiron685

Chiron685

Mar 5, 2008
    Well, not exactly what I wanted to hear but thanks.

While I'm here does anyone know a particulary good and affordable amp that would compliment a slap style on a 6-string Ibanez? Nothing fancy, it's just for personal home use.

5. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Define "affordable."

I agree that the Crate will probably cost more than is worth to repair. I'd start with the Hartke A series combos. THere's a 75W 1x15 for between $300-$400 new, and it handles the low B pretty well.

6. Chiron685

Chiron685

Mar 5, 2008
    affordable=<350

7. jerm

jerm

Jul 10, 2005
    i had one of those and it just died too

8. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    350 bucks can buy you a lot on the used market if you