Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crate BX-200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Jan 11, 2001.

1. This auction on e-bay offers a crate bx-200 bass head rated at 500watts.. I couldnt find any info about the amp, and i wat wondering if you guys knew anything about it. Is 500 watts accurate? Seems like a bit too much.. it says 200w at 4 Ohms. that sounds more reasonable. any opinions are appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403145069

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Unless the "500" is a typo, I think he's making a poor attempt of trying to fool someone... or he's just stupid/uneducated/had a bad childhood/whatever. it's more than likely that the proper rating is 200 W at 4 ohms.

Are you planning to bid on it, BTW?

3. I'm not sure if im going to bid on it. I am not really looking for a head/cabinet setup just yet, but, at the price its currently at, i think its at $91 (e-bay servers are temporarily down so i cant confirm the price) its worth it. I was looking at 100w combos to buy, but if this auction goes nicely, and this head's price stays around $100-ish, it is a better deal than a 100w combo for the sheef flexibility it would offer me in the longrun. Any opinions on what i just said?

4. mjw6555

mjw6555

Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry...I caught this feed a little late in the game, probably.
    However, if you haven't bought an amp yet, that Crate BX-200H (especially for around $100.) is a great buy.
    I just bought one, and although I use it mostly for Guitar and Guitar Synth (I Love getting those beautiful keyboard-ish LOWS), this Head totally ROCKS, and yes...it's 200W @ 4 ohms!
    Hope this still helps you...or someone.
    Peace...and always be happy with excellent flavor and taste...
    MJ:bassist: