1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crate BX-200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Jan 11, 2001.

1. This auction on e-bay offers a crate bx-200 bass head rated at 500watts.. I couldnt find any info about the amp, and i wat wondering if you guys knew anything about it. Is 500 watts accurate? Seems like a bit too much.. it says 200w at 4 Ohms. that sounds more reasonable. any opinions are appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403145069

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Unless the "500" is a typo, I think he's making a poor attempt of trying to fool someone... or he's just stupid/uneducated/had a bad childhood/whatever. it's more than likely that the proper rating is 200 W at 4 ohms.

Are you planning to bid on it, BTW?

3. I'm not sure if im going to bid on it. I am not really looking for a head/cabinet setup just yet, but, at the price its currently at, i think its at $91 (e-bay servers are temporarily down so i cant confirm the price) its worth it. I was looking at 100w combos to buy, but if this auction goes nicely, and this head's price stays around $100-ish, it is a better deal than a 100w combo for the sheef flexibility it would offer me in the longrun. Any opinions on what i just said?

4. mjw6555

mjw6555

Aug 12, 2004
    Sorry...I caught this feed a little late in the game, probably.
    However, if you haven't bought an amp yet, that Crate BX-200H (especially for around $100.) is a great buy.
    I just bought one, and although I use it mostly for Guitar and Guitar Synth (I Love getting those beautiful keyboard-ish LOWS), this Head totally ROCKS, and yes...it's 200W @ 4 ohms!
    Hope this still helps you...or someone.
    Peace...and always be happy with excellent flavor and taste...
    MJ:bassist: