Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CRATE BX215 or SWR GOLIATH III JR???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I am buying a new cab, but im not sure what i should get to match my hartke 3500 head.....

SWR Goliath III junior (2 10's+horn) for $275.00
    or
    Crate BX215 (2 15's) for $379.99

please post your oppinion!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    ok This is just what I know from sound guys and what I've been told by my keyboard player who owns a recording studio so take it for what it's worth. Sound guys are rolling off the low end more and more often, but the 15's do put out a great sound. But I like the tens more for the punch. But I would go with the Hartke 210xl and then maybe add a 115xl later. They are 200 watt cabs and would sound great and might be a little cheaper too. It's the best of both worlds. Or maybe see what kind of deal you can get on a Triad if you really want the lows. But stick with a ten of somesort.

3. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    That's used right?
    Definitely the SWR.

4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    the thing is im a rock bass player, and i use my fingers, so i need the picking kind of sound with out the pick(a pick goes against everything bass playing means in my oppinion).To put it simple i need tons of tone and a good amount of low.