Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crate combo problem...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sloth_Adelphi, Dec 11, 2005.

1. I have a Crate BT100 combo and as you may know it has a distortion channel. i rarely use it (both the distortion and the amp itself hah) but pretty much everytime i play on the clean channel it randomly switches to some sort of half distortion weird clipped type channel. its hard to describe but basically it happens real randomly and if i bang on it it clicks back to the clean, but then will go back to the weird channel moments later. when i play through the amp for an extended period of time (half hour or more) it doesn't happen....I'm assuming its a wiring problem....any ideas as to what this is and how it can be fixed?

2. JcHc

JcHc

Jun 3, 2006
    Chico, CA
    yeah, that happens to mine... i really just dont like crate. the speaker cant even handle half the heads power!

3. +1 with JcHc---> I hate crate and I never hear anything good from them when I hear others playing them.

I also don't like Peavey's but they at least sound so much better than crates I think..

decent alternative is the fender stuff I heard.