1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

crate combo problem...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sloth_Adelphi, Dec 11, 2005.

1. I have a Crate BT100 combo and as you may know it has a distortion channel. i rarely use it (both the distortion and the amp itself hah) but pretty much everytime i play on the clean channel it randomly switches to some sort of half distortion weird clipped type channel. its hard to describe but basically it happens real randomly and if i bang on it it clicks back to the clean, but then will go back to the weird channel moments later. when i play through the amp for an extended period of time (half hour or more) it doesn't happen....I'm assuming its a wiring problem....any ideas as to what this is and how it can be fixed?

2. JcHc

JcHc

Jun 3, 2006
    Chico, CA
    yeah, that happens to mine... i really just dont like crate. the speaker cant even handle half the heads power!

3. +1 with JcHc---> I hate crate and I never hear anything good from them when I hear others playing them.

I also don't like Peavey's but they at least sound so much better than crates I think..

decent alternative is the fender stuff I heard.