Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crate or marshall ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karxix, Dec 7, 2003.

1. karxix

karxix

May 26, 2003
    lebanon
    hmm, i have a marshall bassstate 65 but i need more power and found a 100 crate (bx100), that's pretty much the only choice i have for changing amp since the store doesn't have anything else

anyway, i can sell my amp and buy the crate and keep some extra money but is it worth it ?
    do u think the crate amp is good, i don't want any head/cabs, i want a combo that delivers enough power for just band practice...

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Friends don't let friends commit crate crimes.

3. philwill1

philwill1

May 11, 2002
    Clinton, KY
    The bx 100 is a good loud amp. However when you turn the volume up to around nine it will phart on you. It also will give you a hernia trying to lift it. It is built solid and tuff. If you play with the eq and contour you can get a good sound out of it. It also has a five year warranty. It will more than do for practice. I gig with it. And with the exception of a few 100 watt ignorant guitar players I can still cut through. If you play heavy metal you'll need a louder more powerful combo. And be forwarded. The more powerful the combo the heavier these suckers get.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

if you turn any amp to 9 its gonna fart on you.

5. philwill1

philwill1

May 11, 2002
    Clinton, KY
    true but sometimes you just want to blow the strings off some poor butt hendrix wanna be who doesn't have the sense to turn down. so you whang that volume button up and take them out. Even if you sound fartty while doing it.