Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crawlspace is dead. Long live The Need.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vegaas, Apr 22, 2003.

1. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Hey Guys,
    Well after two and a half years my band Crawlspace is officially dead! Our drummer quit last night. I have mixed feelings about this. The singer, guitar player and I have been discussing replacing our drummer for a while. It was very obvious he was not into it like he used to be. I am of the opinion, if you are not having fun at band practice, well whats the point then. Music is supposed to be fun. So I look back and reflect on some very good times we had together, and I will miss him. Unfortunatly we rehearsed at his house. He had his basement set up so that it had incredible ambiance. Really well done. Now we have to go into our guitar players very sterile basement. No carpeting, just a cement floor, with grey cement walls. Time to look into tapestries and beads I guess.

On the other side of the coin, our singer who is an ok singer is going to become our drummer. He is an unbelievable drummer, been playing since he was very young. Our old drummer was always a bit defensive because he knew our singer was actually a better drummer.
    The down side, our singer/new drummer is not the most reliable person, and he doesnt currently own a drum set. He says he will get one within two weeks. We hope so. Also, we now need to find a singer, the search is on.
    The name of our new band is The Need. While I will miss Crawlspace, I am excited at the possibilities of playing with an amazing drummer. I think we could be onto something special if we find the right singer.
    Well, I have rambled long enough, if you know of any singers in the Milwaukee area, let me know.
    Thanks,
    Vegaas.

2. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Gotcha, I had it narrowed down to Band Management and Misc. Guessed wrong. ;)

3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Is it not possible for the guy to sing and play drums? Ringo did it ;) .

4. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    It may sound silly, but we all think a singer up front adds to the live experience.

5. ToastyBass

ToastyBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Mississippi
    You're the bassist. You ARE the experience.:D