Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cray-zee, Dog.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Some of you may think you know of a completely insane dog. My fiancee's brother has a dog that should be put down. The dog goes bonkers if she's left home alone for too long- (any more than 6-8 hours) Normally, that entails a lot of barking, right? Well if there happens to be thunder, fireworks, or lawn mowing or somthing like that- the dog will attempt to dig through the floor, she'll eat through walls, she'll go through windows, she'll eat doorknobs, and tear up doors, she'll tear off vent covers and get stuck in the ventilation system. Its' not just an occasional thing. They cannot board her anywhere if they go away- no place will take her. She will literally dig herself bloody on the cement pens. Last night we were going to take care of her because they were away and there were going to be fireworks in the evening. We got there right before sunset, and no dog greeted us at the door. After looking around, she had torn an upstairs bedroom door open- pulled the lock out of the doorframe- and eaten through the drywall by a window, pulled all the isulation out of the wall then broke 2 window panes got out onto the roof and jumped off the second story roof.

And you think your dog is crazy.

2. Wow, that gets a bit w-t-f from me. Crazy dog haha.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Is the dog agressive towards humans?

4. Way back when I was a little kid, we had a spaniel that chewed her way through a second-story window screen and jumped out to get outside for whatever reason. She survived with no bodily harm whatsoever.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    We had a black lab that freaked out whenever there was any fireworks or thunder. He didn't go that far, but he would try to climb into the oven or fridge or anything else he felt he could hide in. Eventually he did start tearing the house up, and had to be put down.
    My aunt had a dog that would freak out any time it saw any shadows, or a light switch being flipped. It would stare all day at the switch, and wait for someone to flip it again, before freaking out and trying to climb the wall to get to it (unless it was distracted by a shadow moving). After a little while of that, she got fed up and hired a psychiatrist for the dog. Yes, that was probably a little excessive, but it ended up working out, and the dog is pretty normal now.

6. Actually the dog is pretty sweet. Just because of the way she is, we don't trust her around the kids. The last time we watched her she snapped at our dog. Our dog is totally sweet, she isn't protective about her food or anything- she's just an all around good dog- but the insane one...

7. I know a lot of puppies and dogs can develop separation syndrome.
    Basically they go nuts when left alone for extended periods because the dont know what to do. They will scratch at floors, doors, chew at window sills, etc. to try to get out and find their owner. I would suggest a plastic crate. We have to do that with our wiemaraner pup. A google search will give you more suggestions. :bag:

8. Dog has somehow figured out how to open the crate. It's one of the ones that has the two spring loaded rods that you have to squeeze them together from the outside to open.

The dog was a stray he adopted. Seriously, that dog needs to be put down. She has virtually no teeth left from chewing everything. Somehow that dog has avoided major injury. The dog has gone through more windows than most Hollywood stuntmen. Last nite, she went through 2 panes of glass with not a scratch on her.

9. rubber bungee strap from the air hole across the gate to the opposite air hole. had that problem too :)