Craziest gig story

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    It all started a couple weeks ago. We always walk to where we practice, and this guy who owns a 10 foot span of property we walk through freaked out at us. Ever since then, he's been yelling stuff at us and watching us with binoculars from his driveway. So yesterday his kid picks a fight with my drummer in school. He pushed my drummer, who fell backwards onto a desk, and then a teacher broke it up. My drummer got suspended. Then, his twin brother (and our guitarist) heard about it and went after the kid. He got suspended too, and it was broken up anything happened at all. Now, that meant that we couldn't play at the high school bonfire like we were supposed to last what were we going to do?

Get everyone from the bonfire to go to our house, of course.

The other band that was playing that night was the twin's little brother(Joe)'s band (great band, too), and they replaced us a with crappy pop-punk band the teachers all like (crappy singer, crappy guitarist, crappy bassist, no drummer, doing Lifehouse songs). So, we got the majority of the people who were still their when Joe's band finished over to the twin's (not that far, maybe a 20 minute walk) and played in his garage. We got not one, not two, but THREE cop cars there. We were loud, especially for a nice little cul de sac (sp?). We were great, too. We were actually moving around, jumping, and head-banging, which we used to have a problem with. We did some Pantera, Ozzy, Rush, LTE, and David Lee Roth (time constraints, what with the fuzz and all). It was a great show, and furthermore our wacked-out crazy plan actually worked.

So, what's the craziest gig story you have?
  2. I think you and your band need to grow up.

- Andrew

3. maybe you should grow down.......

chips :bassist:
  4. I was expecting a response like that. Its pretty typical of people who have no respect for others.

- Andrew
  5. Like lolzies omg, we liek totally got kciked out of skool, so we = teh 1337>other d00ds, totaly liek teh best, anarchy!

Shut up

PS i completelly agree with andrew
  6. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Wow, inspiring tale of modern youth's maturity.
  7. If I was going to get suspended from school. I'm going out with a bang.

...Not getting knocked around.

Don't let the drummer around him ever again. ;)
  8. I think you, Mr Andrew, responded a bit like an a-hole. Its obvious SoundChaser is in Highschool and its not like you at one point during those hell-ish 4 years acted out or rebelled (unless you were one of the snobs or dorky kids, which I figure you could have been...).

Don't be a di*k. :rollno:
  9. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah i agree with tbird bassist. I'm not sure where the kid went wrong... they didnt' start the fight (kinda), though they should have asked permission even about the 10 feet. And frankly, i would have done the same thing, get everyone at my house for a gig. hell, we've done it. and yes, the cops came. :bassist: :bassist:
  10. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    I really don't see why people are so proud of having police arrive at their house. Wow, you have loud amps.
  11. SkaKing27

Sep 1, 2002
    St.Louis MO
    So my band had a show friday night..two other bands were playing.we were second(best time slot). In the middle of our 4th song..Our drummer get's pissed about something. Stops playing. Gets up. Leaves..Quits the band on the spot,in the middle of a song,in the middle of our set. He said he is tired of this weekend band. and he wants to be a professional drummer and play drums for the rest of his life,and he doesnt feel like that is what we are after. I think if he want's to be a professional,then he needs to grow up and act like one. We already have three other very good drummers lined up to play. We just need to pick one.

Thanks for listening to me venting.
  12. I agree with Tbird bassist. You people who think this kid did wrong should get a life for christs sakes. Look at it like this:

The drummer defends himself and gets kicked out of school. The guitarist shouldnt have tried to get the other kid but who cares, he's a teenager, if someone picked a fight with ur guitarist would you fight back? Regardless of age. As a result of defence and friendship they cant do a gig, so instead they bring the gig to themselves! That shows commitment to me and smarts! I bet Andrew would lay down and die if he got kicked out of a gig, but this kid didnt and I like that. Well done.
  13. i agree to. first off props to the guitar player. no one should mess with your brother without a little payback.second of all hell yea. bring the party to yer house. shouldve known the cops would come tho. happens everytime.lifehouse sux
  14. No supporting members have posted on this topic. I wonder what that means?
  15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

1. This thread is "Kidz Only" ..
    2. You're obsessed with the topic of supporting membership

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Jack Murray, you're not a supporting member either. What does that say about you? My guess is pretty much what it means that other supporting members didn't post before Bruce...nothing.

You know, sometimes I envy the kids these days when I hear stories like that. That kind of stuff is complete fun, and I kind of miss those days. Hats off to you guys for doing what you're supposed to be doing...acting like kids in a rock band.

SkaKing, you should have told that drummer that if he wants to be a professional drummer that the worst way to start is by doing the most unprofessional thing you can possibly do. I would have completely made fun of him for being a baby and told him he'll never get anywhere by doing stuff like that. Then I'd badmouth him to everyone who will listen. Nobody wants to work with a guy who will flake out like that. he could do it to them, too.

One time a long time ago, our drummer was doing a drum solo, and this is a guy who used to whine if we got back onstage before his drum solo was over because it was cutting into his applause. Well one night we didn't get back onstage fast enough for him and we didn't finish the song because he threw down his sticks and stormed off the stage and starts bitching that we left him up there to hang. I read him the riot act about being a baby and then the next night we purposely stayed away from the stage too long to teach him a lesson. It worked.
  17. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Cool story Sound Chaser. It sounds like ya'll had a blast.

It's nice to know that there are still juvies in this world with a little backbone.
  18. sirnoahthepure

Oct 2, 2005

Well let me point something out to people

Points finger

There I have done it

Problem solved

Oh wait no that is what twangers do

I have to think about this
  19. alapantera

Mar 22, 2004