Craziness Ordering Strings From Fodera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Okay, so I ordered a set of Diamond Series nickels from the Fodera site back in February. I usually get my strings from, but I wanted a nickel set of 40120 Diamond series, and since Fodera doesn't make a separate serial # to distinguish the nickels and steels, I figured I'd order straight from their site.

So I put in my order, and PayPal takes the money from my account the next day. Over a month goes by before I get the strings-an exorbitant amount of time for strings to ship from the next state over. They finally get here, and there's TWO sets of strings in there-both Fodera Diamond 40120 sets, one with a "Nickel" sticker, and one without. I'm thinking hey, they were late, but I got a free set of $35 strings. Think they were "we're sorry" strings?

That was a couple weeks ago. Today I get an email from Fodera saying "Your order has been shipped!" I'm hoping they'll send me a free bass this time.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I wonder if yours is an isolated case or if there is something wrong with the logistics set up over there.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, order a bass in buckeye burl...maybe they'll send you one in bb and one in flamed maple or something.

brad cook