Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Craziness Ordering Strings From Fodera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Okay, so I ordered a set of Diamond Series nickels from the Fodera site back in February. I usually get my strings from JustStrings.com, but I wanted a nickel set of 40120 Diamond series, and since Fodera doesn't make a separate serial # to distinguish the nickels and steels, I figured I'd order straight from their site.

So I put in my order, and PayPal takes the money from my account the next day. Over a month goes by before I get the strings-an exorbitant amount of time for strings to ship from the next state over. They finally get here, and there's TWO sets of strings in there-both Fodera Diamond 40120 sets, one with a "Nickel" sticker, and one without. I'm thinking hey, they were late, but I got a free set of $35 strings. Think they were "we're sorry" strings?

That was a couple weeks ago. Today I get an email from Fodera saying "Your order has been shipped!" I'm hoping they'll send me a free bass this time.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I wonder if yours is an isolated case or if there is something wrong with the logistics set up over there.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, order a bass in buckeye burl...maybe they'll send you one in bb and one in flamed maple or something.

brad cook