1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crazy bass playing

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by curbowkid, Jul 19, 2012.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York

I'm pretty sure the bass isn't real, but I wanna know, is this even physically possible to do finger style?

2. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I don't mean Anything Bad by this, but why would it not be possible to do finger style? I know a Few metal guys that play ONLY fingers and they have learned to use 3 and 4 fingers on their right hand to be able to hit triples, and even Quads. I think it is TOTALLY possible! ;):bassist:

3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Steve Digiorgio, Alex Webster, Jeff Hughell, and John Myung would like a word with you.

4. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Well said indeed. Idk it's just so complex and fast paced. Everything has to be spot on or it would sound totally off. It doesn't matter though, I'm pretty sure the drums and bass are programmed if I remember correctly. My friend researched the guy. He's a single dude out in Russia that plays an 8 string guitar

5. jordak

jordak

Apr 7, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The drums totally sound electronic, or really compressed.
    If the bass is programmed, that's pretty good because it doesn't seem very obvious to me.

6. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I thought the same but my friend from what he said found an article saying the bass and drums were fake. Which is kinda believable because if you listen the tone changes drastically at parts (could be different takes for different vibes) and you never hear a touch of fret chatter or anything you would hear from real bass playing, it's all perfect notes with bass tone.

7. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Sounds a little like slap bass at parts.

8. davydtune

davydtune

Jul 5, 2007
    Albion, PA
    Very possible ;)