Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crazy Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matt hunt, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt hunt

matt hunt

Dec 16, 2005
    London
  2. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. Heh. It looks like a bug. I guess a beetle. You know, the ones with that shiny green/purpleish colour.

Anyway, I'd consider it, but I'm not too big into six strings. Plus I don't have that kind of cash.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Believe it or not the Spalt Basses sound very nice(and the are versatile).

5. Throb

Throb

Oct 8, 2009
    I've heard rumors, one way or the other, or maybe both, that he used an Aria Pro SB-1000 or possibly an Ibanez Musician Bass (StingRay copy). I got this info a decade ago, before the internet was the sprawling thing it is now. I recently bought a Chinese-made Aria SB-404, and believe it or not, for $599.99 it's a good-sounding bass. At least it has the Aria name on it. Heck, I left my heart back in the '80's. The reissue of the SB-1000 is $2,399 - which is what an active neck-thru bass would go for; but I certainly can't afford it. To answer the initial thread, I'd say the '79 MM StingRay, fretless, that Pino Palladino made sing with Paul Young, Go West, Don Henley, Chris DeBurgh, and so many others he was a mercenary for. If you consider jazz, then the Smith/Jackson Contrabass as Patitucci burned on. Both are wonderful American original basses.

6. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008

:confused:

7. i got fourteen pounds of freshly peeled carrots in the trunk of my car...BRING ME MY ASTROLABE

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    BOING! BOING! SPLAT!

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :eyebrow:
    If you're going to bump a nearly four-year old thread, you should post something that's remotely relative to the original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.