1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crazy Boredom Ideas - Vol II

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JACink, Mar 4, 2013.

1. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    A while back, Stealth was kind enough to work out a way for me to include an effects pedal inside my bass that I am modding (here is the thread if you are interested: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/crazy-boredom-ideas-would-work-930190/ ).

Unfortunately, after all his hard work, it seems that the pedal will not actually fit inside without major surgery.

So, as I insist on doing something stupid with this bass, I have come up with another crazy boredom idea, which involves 6 toggle switches and many possibilities!!

The idea is to have 2 outputs from the bass, one which will run clean into the amp, the other going through effects, but also letting me switch between series/parallel on each pickup, select individual pickups (even half the p pickup) and send only 2 strings to the effects etc etc.

So here is my crazy wiring scheme, please be gentle (constructive) when you rip it apart!! :D

attachment.

(edit: I will add volume controls somewhere before the outputs, but I don't think a tone knob will be necessary!)

Attached Files:

2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Well, 24 hours later (nearly) and no one has yet told me this is a stupid idea, so I guess I will order the switches.

BTW, I am thinking of using a stereo jack for the double output, and making a splitter box nearer the amp, anything I should take into consideration?