1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crazy 'Chain Reaction' Video

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LizardKing3, Apr 7, 2006.

1. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3812507039888532441

It's about 30 minutes long, but you can fast-forward through some parts.

This must have taken months of planning..kudos to the creator. Some seriously crazy-awesome stuff.

Anyone know what [SIZE=-1] Def Lauf Der Dinge means?
    [/SIZE]

2. its cool, but the ending was dumb imo

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I doubt it worked as it looks on video. It seems that they used some creative editing/cutting. Also checkout that clip with the orange table. They don't show part of the table. It looks like it is loosing momentum at one point, but then it gains momentum rapidly out of nowhere. I think there was someone shaking it or something.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I was hoping the ending would kick the chair out from under the feet of someone tied up in a noose. Most inventive suicide ever.

5. lol...my roommate and i were expecting to see James Bond get out of the ankle cuff right in time before the arrow got him...

instead, it just

ends...

6. KB

KB Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC

There is definately some editing. The camera fades in and out at various points (loses focus) and that is where the edits occur. It happens quite a few times.

7. Maybe he got bored with it? I woulda ended it with a large explosion..there was plenty of other crap burning..

8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Interesting....

9. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I thought it was kind of boring. I only watched like 10 minutes. I got tired of watching chemicals fizz, trash bags spin, and bowls slowly fill up with water.

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I saw it in 8th grade science. A great video indeed.

11. Google translation:
    Def run of the things

Pretty cool. They must have a lot of time on their hands.

Definitely anti-climatic.

12. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
  13. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    if you look at the intro of the video, you can see its actually DER not def, so it would be "the run of things".

14. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY