1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

crazy deal on fender jazz 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ericf1, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ericf1

ericf1

Jul 18, 2013
    search Best Buy web site - $449.00 for a Jazz 5 string (appears to be MIM). If they had the same % off a 4 string I'd be all over it, but I can barely play a 4 string, I think the 5 is out of my league.

2. a 5 string is no harder than a 4 string. I had my first 5 string years ago, and have 3 now, and a 6 string. The 6 string is a bit too heavy, and for what I do, pointless - but the 5's are essential for me - because loads of the music I play is in Eb, or D - so for me - it works. You just need to get used to having lower notes available, and I now play on my B string quite a lot with my Jazz, because the B string up high still sounds good. That price seems pretty good!

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Don't sell yourself short. Remember no matter how bad you play today the more you play the better you get and no matter how good you get there will always be someone better.

If you are new getting 5 now will be even better... All my basses excpet for my very first one are 5s and I only keep that bass for sentimental reasons.

4. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    if you don't care about having one brand new, there's a ton of them for way cheaper on guitar center's used site.

5. ericf1

ericf1

Jul 18, 2013
    I played for a while when I was young (sucked then too). Quit for 18 years and then my son wanted to play after seeing my old pics and we picked up a bass for me and one for him. We bang around on them together. Some people make music with a bass, some people make noise that mixes with other noise to make music....I just make lots of noise. It is fun though and my son thinks I am the greatest ever because I play along with his favorite songs. I should have bought a P or J because I always wanted one back in the day, so now I watch for good deals on one and that is how I stumbled on this. Just hoping that someone out there would be able to take advantage of it. I may take the bait though, new for under $500? hard to beat that.

6. 5 strings are actually easier to play in some respects, often requiring less movement up/down the neck.