Crazy drivers eveywhere ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jonesy4fnk, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

What the hell is wrong with people who drive like maniacs? It seems like the driving problem is getting worst and worst with more people completely disregarding all safety and respect for others just to get ONE CAR AHEAD. I mean come on....I like driving fast, but when there's traffic and everyone is stuck in the same jam, I'd rather be safe than flipped over on the side of the road or worst. Just use your turn signals, use your common sense, use some form of thought. Be nice and let that extra car in, or don't ride on the tail of everyone just to cut off other drivers. The 30 seconds that are picked up by driving crazy isn't worth the risk of your and other lives around you.

Respect for all life is a good thing.

Note: not directed at any TB person, just people on the road in general.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  2. Around here I don't think people are any crazier than they've always been.

I like driving fast, but I don't really drive THAT fast, just enough to get a bit of adrenaline rush. I usually stay in the same lane when I'm driving too, rarely pass anyone.

But yeah, people can do some really stupid things...but I think this problem has always been around.
  3. [rant]

The thing that's annoying me most at the moment is everybody driving with their front fog lights on when it's not foggy!!!! WHY?!?!? Don't they realise how it blinds other people? Don't they care that's it is actually illegal (if I had my Highway Code book with me, I could even give the number of that point)??

Example; I saw somebody driving a couple of weeks ago, when it was just about dark enough to warrent lights.

And they had on their running lights and their fog lights!!!!

If I had front fog lights on my car....... :rolleyes:
  4. Put stadium lights on the front of your car, and why the hell not, a lazer too. So when people get in your way ZAPP!!! Plus when you are signalling someone to go at an intersection use the stadium lights and blind the person, just for fun:D
  5. I'd never be able to power all that.

C'mon, I drive an old Skoda. I don't even have front fog lights :meh:
  6. 9 alternators, itt'll work
  7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I think Jonesy might have a point in that it could be getting worse. I've only been driving for 5-6 years (with a license anyway) but it does seem to me like people are more rude than even when I started. I've had some *close* calls that were in no way my fault just because I was going the speed limit and apparently that pisses some people off really bad. I also had a recent incident where a woman behind me threw a visible FIT in her car because I hit the brakes when someone to my left swerved towards me. Heaven forbid I try to prevent my own death. :rolleyes:

I think it's just indicative of larger problems though...
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This made me think on the way home from class. I let a guy do a double lane change without speeding up to make him mad. I always get pissed when people do that to me. So I figure why should I do it to someone else, huh? Anyways, I had someone next to me on an exit, and all lanes merged left from 3 lanes into one in about 200 feet. I was in the far left lane, and they were in the right. They ended up right next to me trying to get it, but I couldn't slow down because of the guy behind me, and I couldn't speed up because of the car in front of me. When I got free and got to the passing lane, I got up to speed to escape from the clump of cars. The person who got stuck next to me was right behind me like 2 feet off my back bumper. So, I speed up to get out of the way, doin like 85 or so in an 85 for ranger(which is hard to do, by the way). They keep up with me, and get even closer. So... I have to slam on the brakes not to hit someone. I have to lock up the brakes, and my tires end up smoking. Then I get off at my exit a mile or two later, and they flip me off. What a crazy situation, huh? We need less and less of those.
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    1) use blinkers.
    2) yield to oncoming traffic in a rotary.
    3) do not pull out in front of someone at the last minute, especially if you plan on going 15 or more under the limit.
    4) when the driver you just cut off goes to pass you, do NOT try to get your ****-box truck up to 85 and block, as you will get smoked by the black SAAB anyway.
    5) I have a little road rage.
    6) when driving at 35 mph, it is not necessary to begin deceleration 1/2 mile before your turn. If you do need to slow down WELL in advance, at least refer to rule 1) so the cars behind you know what the hell you are doing.
  10. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    are you mad? That gives away your next move.........
  11. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I know, it's a madhouse sometimes, isn't it? But you know, this wouldn't be a problem at all if everybody would just get out of my way. . .
  12. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Not trying to pick on you Blisshead as I know your list was somewhat of a joke but "road rage" is just the latest PC term for "immaturity." I'll be glad when it disappears although it probably never will...

"It wasn't my fault officer I suffer from road rage!"

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

14. I've been forced to notice an increasing number of maniacs from the passenger seat! I had a seizure last year, and am still waiting for my suspended license to be returned! What annoys me is the way some people drive that still have their license.....

I surrendered mine based on medical advice and it being the right thing to do (self preservation may have helped!). The last thing I wanted to do was put anyone at risk in case my next seizure was on the motorway......

But some of the diddies that I still see driving make my blood boil!:mad:
  15. i so hear you on the crazy people that are driving. how they got their license i wonder. i also hate when they are stopped they block side streets. people are so afraid that by not blocking side streets they will not get to where they are going faster. come on now, this is stupid. i know i have been almost run off the road by jerks, with my kids in the car no less. it makes me so angry with the way people drive today. what do you get out of being a jerk and being a road hog. just don't understand. i get to where i am going in the amount of time i need without endangering other peoples lives, so can't others. :mad:
  16. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

Its a general lack of respect for each other in society at large I think. Everyone thinks they are special and where they are going is the most important thing.

I used to love driving.....ah the memories.
  17. oh man tjhat was too great of a post petebass, yeah, this thread is done
  18. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Jones: its okay, I myself live in a state where its ranked #2 for car insurance. Which is NJ. I also live right next to a state where people themselves are insane, NYC (lol, sorry Michael Jewels, Nino).

I've had some people come over from Wisconsin and they said they will NEVER EVER drive in NJ. I have to deal with this everyday. :D

Ask the people from massachusetts, even worse

19. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Thank you, you're a great audience! I'm here Tuesdays and Thursdays, oh and try the veal it's great........

I actually wasn't sure if I got the sarcasm across so I'm glad I did.

I ride a motorbike so I'm even more aware of other drivers than most poeple. The course they make you do to get a bike license here in oz is quite comprehensive and it's designed to weed out the incompetents. Funny thing happens though. After you've done the bike course, you become a better car driver too. Half the course is spent in a classroom covering roadcraft. I think the classroom component of the course should be compulsory for car drivers as well.....
  20. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Blinkers should be optional on all cars. Because, if people paid extra money for them like they do for leather or A/C, they'd probably use them more.