1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crazy ebay bids

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crazyBassClown, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people will bid crazy on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220492379554

3!!!!!! people bidded over $100 for this cab when
    half a dozen+ are on ebay all at their start price of $49.90.
    They even show up in the other items you might be interested in at the top of the page for this one.

Maybe I should buy a few and resell:hyper::hyper:

2. I wonder if you can send them back. At that price it couldnt really hurt to buy and try one.

3. i have one.
    Its ok. fairly small, great to move around. No real rattles or anything.

Not a huge amount of bass out of it. Not very efficient.
    Its loud enough to be heard over drummer+guitarist in a rehearsal room but i am pumping quite a few watts into it with a kustom1200 head.
    Probably running a good portion of the available 400W into it.
    When you pick it up at the end of rehearsals you can feel the heat through the handles. Hate to think how hot the speakers are:meh:

Although it still works fine so I guess its ok.

4. whats the shipping on them?

5. Buzz Fluhart

Buzz Fluhart

Jan 10, 2008
    Umm....Isn't AU $122.50 equivalent to US $23.58 ?? :rollno:

6. your not even close. Au dollar buys $.92 US

7. :spit::spit::spit:
    but they could have got em for us $11 :D:D

cant remember the postage but check one of the auctions, i think i got the cab to my door for less than $100, and it was even packed ok.

8. hmmm. I'm conisdering an impluse buy. How well does it handle low B, and Drop A?

9. Ha. I'd like to see how it deals with middle C first.

10. No idea but probably as well as a low E.
    No real lows but you can hear it fine.

If you want to shake the earth with 30Hz a 4x8 cab in a tiny box is not what you want but on the other hand if you want an easily portable semi disposable cab you can leave wherever and not worry about its perfect.

11. I'll try and resist the impulse buy....for now :p I really dont need more gear laying around.

12. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for that one...I just spit coffee all over my desk. :p

13. I have four of these cabs.
    Running with and Acoustic Image Focus and pumping 1000wrms it truly is a veritable wall of sound. Punch, punch, punch!!

So far as low B, depending on your flavour, you will have no troubles. I have three basses with low F# and the combo of cabs is good down to A, but any lower is a waste of time. Again however it depends on how you like your low notes to sound. Do not expect Bill Fitzmaurice or Acme lows out of these cabs.

AlRock

14. Now I really want to play one; comming up to Cairns any time soon?

15. patientboy99

patientboy99

Dec 4, 2004
    Guys this is a can't miss thing.. after all:

This bass gutiar speaker cabinet is easy to use, simply plug in and play the night away! Featuring 100 Watts RMS each and 400 RMS in total, the awesome power output never destroy your mood. This speaker cab is in 8 Ohm impedance. Hurry and get the Live Concert starting!!!

Gotta keep that mood intact.. now lets get the live concert starting!!

16. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    the copy for that listing is bitchen! i saved it as a word document just so i have it whenever i need a good laugh.

17. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    It's so scooped, it doesn't do middle C, lol.

18. if this was in the US, I'd buy 4 and use them all together.

19. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    People will pay more than they should just because something is on Egay. They get addicted to the "winning" part and can't resist bidding higher and higher.

I saw a well used Sansamp RBI sell for 30 bucks less than a new one the other day. :rollno: What a deal.

20. ChrisB2

ChrisB2 Bass... in your fass

Feb 27, 2008
    TalkBass > Off Topic
    Yeah I've seen this over and over.

True stroy; I was a partner in a business that sold new products on eBay. We would list one item in particular that was our best seller, several times per day. Some, we would list as "Buy it Now" for $124.00. Some, we would list as a regular auction, starting at $0.01 (which always got bid up to right around our BIN price).

Since we had several of these running simultaneously (maybe 10-15 auctions a week), if you searched for this item, you would see 3 or 4 of ours (exact same picture, same ad, only difference was the listing price) among all the other ads for the same type of item.

Well, the crazy thing would be the times when the Auction item got bid over... WAY over... the BIN item. Which... you can see right on the page... right in our "Other Items" listing... right there... Buy it Now for $124 instead of continuing to bid on the EXACT SAME ITEM for $140, $150, wait it goes higher... $180, $200. I think the highest it ever went was around $225... That's right, someone paid ALMOST DOUBLE for the identical item that was listed right there as Buy it Now.

We would just shake our heads in disbelief... and take the money... which everything over the BIN price was pure extra profit of course :D We loved it!