Crazy news SCARY!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odie

odie Supporting Member

From Yahoo

The FBI on Tuesday released photos of a metal collar found around the neck of a pizza deliveryman who robbed a bank and then was killed when a bomb strapped to his body exploded.

FBI Agent Bob Rudge said the bureau hopes that by releasing the photos of the collar and locking device, someone may come forward to help law enforcement solve the strange case.

Arrested Thursday after a bank robbery, Brian Douglas Wells told authorities someone had forced him to rob the bank. He told officers a bomb was attached to him, but he died when it exploded before the bomb squad could get there.

At a news conference Tuesday, Rudge showed photographs of the triple-banded metal collar he said was around Wells' neck and a lock that kept it in place. The bomb was attached to the collar, authorities said.

Police had surrounded Wells, 46, a short time after he robbed a PNC Bank branch outside Erie in northwestern Pennsylvania. Wells had gone to deliver a pizza to a mysterious address in a remote area about an hour before he turned up at the bank with the bomb strapped to his body.

When police stopped Wells, he told them about the bomb and asked why authorities weren't helping to get it off him. Police backed off and were waiting for the bomb squad when the bomb exploded. No one else was injured.

According to police and the FBI, Wells produced an "extensive" robbery note at the bank, which has been sent to handwriting experts. Rudge did not release any additional information about the note Tuesday.

Meanwhile, officials released information from an autopsy on one of Wells' co-workers, Robert Pinetti, 43, who was found dead Sunday at his home in nearby Lawrence Park Township. Authorities do not know if his death is connected with Wells' case.

Pinetti had a history of substance abuse and preliminary testing appeared to show methadone and "valium-type" drugs in his system, authorities said. There was no trauma, officials said.
  2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :( :confused: This world has gone crazy. I think maybe tomorow, I'll just stay in bed.
  3. ahahahahahahhhhhhhaaa!
  4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, that is some funnnnnny stuff...:rolleyes: I really need to insert more of them guys?
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    From your previous post here I can tell you will rise to the ranks of pizza delivery dude and not any higher.

Hope you enjoy your job.

Oh and dont worry about the psyco's who order pizzas and then kill the delivery people. Its not the first time BTW.

6. Saw this report on the news yesterday, not a very pleasant way to go I don't think. Poor man!
  7. Wasnt there a move made where they wore explosive collars? Warlock or something?

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    In the immortal words of Krusty the Clown:
    "You Sir, are an Idiot!"

:rolleyes: :mad: :(
  9. That's great. Someone's death is funny to you?

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I ORDERED DOUBLE PEPPERONI!!! Maybe they'll get it right next time, dammit!
  11. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

What's with people smiling and joking?
  12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Tally so far this week:

1) Woman gets shot by BB gun, loses ovary, may never give birth again. People post about paintball.

2) Man loses his life when bomb attatched to his body goes off. People make jokes.

I'm beginning to see Bruce's side of things way more clearly. This is sad.
  13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

It's all about how one chooses to deal with the absurdities of life. For example, some people don't understand an "Irish wake" where there is a hard drinking party after the funeral.

Either way, humor or remorse, we reject what happened to that man.
  14. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    this was very sad.
  15. It really is sad, because it could theoretically happen to anyone, not just delivery people.

Imagine: your loved one goes shopping at the mall, some whacko grabs them, clamps on a bomb collar, and demands X,Y and Z. Or perhaps, makes no demands at all!

What are you going to do? :confused: :(

What really scares me is waiting for the copy-cat morons to try this.

This sounds like something out of an old comic book.

What a world!:(

16. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Odie, did you have to post this?

That's sick. !!

[ Ok, that's sick, I'm somewhat mentally deranged,
    jeez, I must be back home at TB! ]

Nice CRAFTSMAN bass there, eh?
  17. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    An "Irish Wake" (I'm half Irish BTW) is not "humor":rolleyes: at the expense of an innocent victim.

Big difference.
  18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Crazy I post a news article in a thread I started. Then people show out cry and remorse for this, then someone makes a petty childish comment then everyone starts to bitch.

Well so much for awareness and discussion. This will be the first time I close my own thread:bawl: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.