1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crazy Stuff

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by biggs1249, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Ok. So i'm working on this old P bass. Its been modded like crazy in the past. The cavity for the electronics has been huge-ified, it was routed for a J pickup and an additional neck P pickup.

So since its no museum piece my plan is just to make it rediculous. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for the electronics.

I bought some EMG select passive pickups (P&J). Just to get it making noise(I plan on getting qtuners once they made a divided one). I was thinking of wiring it with one volume one blend, adding a momentary kill switch... I was tinkering with the idea of circuit bending a cheap pedal, throwing that in there and having a rediculous noise switch. maybe even installing a joystick? anybody have any cool ideas?

2. nobody has any thoughts??

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Ridiculous, not rediculous.

4. thanks. Good tip. I'll get to work on that straight away!

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Go for it! I like the idea of a noise chip imnplanted into the bass.

The singer/guitarist from Muse has a guitar with a Kaoss pad built into it!

6. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    How about a small bottle with a 2 foot plastic tube? Duct tape it to the body, fill it with beer, and drink while you play! I realize that has nothing to do with electronics, but it's tastier.