Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crazy Train!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Jan 20, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I was playing Crazy Train today with my side band in the jam room. I just realized something since its the first time I have ever played that with a band. That's a hard song to play at times, especially the solo. I think those are like 64th notes or something. Anyway, I did it note for note, but am suffering with sore fingers now. Anyone else think this basline is as cool as I do. The guy who played it was Bob Daisly I think on the album.

2. My band's planning on playing that next time, probably at the school talent show in Februray some time.
    And yes, it IS ever-so-fun to play, but the solo is still pretty hard for me to get spot on, but oh well. If I just go really fast, then I'm sure no one will REALLY notice if I'm off just a WEE bit...
    I hope... :D

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I used to play that song a couple of years ago, I think it's a cool bassline to.

I always thought Rudy Sarzo play the line though, I may be wrong.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    But Bob Daisley it is, at least on the album "Blizzard of Ozz" (1980) where it first appeared.

5. bob is given credit on the cd so i would have to go with him, i always though it was rudy.

6. If you go to an Atlanta Braves game, you get to hear the first 20 seconds of "Crazy Train" every time Chipper Jones comes to bat.
    I hope they never trade Javy Lopez, because when he comes up, they play "Limelight"!!

7. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Man, the last Braves game I went to was in 96. It was one of their final games at Fulton County Stadium. How is Turner Field Dave? Haven't been yet.

8. For what it is, Turner Field is great. It's modeled after Camden Yards in Baltimore.. lots of brick, lots of stuff to do other than watching the game. But for the fans, it's great. Not a bad seat in the house. I like going to games there. Been to several great ones, including the first two games of the '99 World Series. But IMO, Turner Field and the other "new old stock" stadiums I've been to can't compare to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park.

9. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I'll have to go to some games this summer. Maybe we can sit together and drink some brew and eat some hotdogs.

10. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    They used to do the same thing with Mike Lansing in montreal.

They should play that Barry White song for Chipper.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee and
    Chipper,
    Chipper Jone

11. Eerik

Eerik

Jul 9, 2001
    Finland
    Just popped into my mind, does anyone know what kind of equipment Daisley used on Crazy Train? I really like his sound on that.

12. or the grandaddy of them all, Wrigley Field.