Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Meh, I do that all the time.

on playstation....

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    That guy is a suicide waiting to happen. :mad:

I just hope he doesn't take any innocent bystander with him when he dies.

3. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    This stunt bike stuff seems to be the new rage with the kiddies here in Dago as well. I just hope they've all filled out there organ donor cards.

4. Let's see...299 km/h, divide by 1.6 km per mile, that equals about...holy CRAP! I can barely get my car to half that speed... Where was that video made?

5. goota remember motorcycle speedometers are always optimistic. 299kph translates to 186mph. I think he's on a Suzuki GSXR 750, which has a top speed of approx 172 stock. He probably hit 172, not 186.

6. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    christ on a cracker....
    172 still ain't a snails pace.

You gotta wonder about that.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I really hope that guy smashes into the face of a brick wall. He deserves it. Not only is HE being extremely dangerous and risks causing accidents, but he's probably scaring the hell out of the other drivers making THEM more prone to cause accidents, and then the police have to chase him around while there are other important things they could be doing, like saving lives. With any luck, he'll be on an empty street when he bites it.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not sure about bikes, but I do know that here in Miami cars are modded big time for street races.

Im sure he probably coulda modded that bike for some extra speed.

Peace
    Nick

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah, he probably only hit 172. Man, I went down at 65 mph -- I can't imagine high-siding something like that at almost 200 (now that I think about it, I can't imagine low-siding at that speed either)!

Automobile speedometers aren't the only 'meters that are optimistic -- the speedo on my Plymouth Sundance went all the way to 130.

10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Stockholm, Sweden, sadly. There has been a couple of videos made lately called Getaway in Stockholm, primarily with cars that make similar idiot races through the city center, running red lights and what not. Perhaps this video is part of that idiocy. :mad:

Authorities in Sweden are almost hostile towards bikes in general, and these kinds of stunts just sour the biker image even more. For us who like to go biking in a civilized way this just ups our insurance and tax costs, and brings on even more restrictive legislation. Oh, OK, soap box mode OFF.

11. in reply to what NickMan said....
    If you've ever riden a motorcycle extensively, very little mods are needed. Most riders never use 100% of the bikes abilities. I'm sure this dude was pushing them to the limits.
    But yea, i've seen the cars in Miami...some are darn right scary.

If you keep searching on that site, there are some respectable videos of guys just out for a ride...

http://www.sportbikerider.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=displayit&Picture_ID=36918

...this is the real joy of riding, not pulling off wheelies, burnouts, and endo's.