Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crazytown is ugly!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Cliff N°2, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Cliff N°2

Cliff N°2

Aug 16, 2001
    Germany
    Hey Guys!
    Some of you may know Crazytown with its hitsingle "Butterfly". This song is stolen. I can prove it!! On the Red Hot Chili Peppers Cd "Mothers Milk", on track 10, there is the same Melodie Crazytown is using the whole song. If you got the CD, listen to it. That proves who ugly Crazytown is and how great RHCP is. Thanks for reading this message anyway!

2. dude.. take a good look at the top-40 charts.. 8 out of 10 songs are either ripoffs, bad remakes or remixes..

3. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I agree that Crazytown are crap and RCHP rule, but they didn't steal it... they got permission to use the sample from RCHP.

4. Don't worry, their time is almost up.

"...dumb all over and a little ugly on the side..."
    --Zappa

5. cole

cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Maryland
    "ugly"? what did they ever do to you? be nice.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    this belongs in RECORDINGS

7. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Yeah theres this Kid Rock song that took the music from Metallica's "Sad But True" and put some of his stupid lyrics over. And then when Crazy Town recorded "Butterfly" they just took that part of "Pretty Little Ditty" and looped it.

They supposedly play it in concert though. :rolleyes:

8. that's what i read.. and i agree with you they do sound like crap.

9. I thought you were saying that they are ugly? I find the singer very ugly what a dissapointment no one to agree with me on this one :)

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Stravinsky once said, "A good composer never borrows, he steals."

11. Cliff N°2

Cliff N°2

Aug 16, 2001
    Germany
    Well, I think that shows that beeing in the charts is not a question of making music, it`s a question of a making show. I mean, most of the mainstream hearing people don`t look at their music, it`s important how they look like and how they act.
    I think RHCP is doing both well, right?
    The "sad but true" cover of Kid Rock wasn`t a great work either, but it sells, you know?

Okay, enough of my comment, thanks for your answers!!!

12. Whats the name of the chillie peppers song?

13. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    pretty little diddy is the name of the song