Crazzy messed up guitarist kicked out of band!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Ok so my new band has been together for about 4 months and we have some good songs down and are just about ready for our first gig. The band has two guitarists one is our lead guitarist who is very good and then our rhythm guitarist sucks. So anyway were having our band practice and we stop to take a break and we start talking about stuff and I begin to start talking about me doing a little rap ad reggae side project with one of my friends and He goes to me "Is he a n******" and I couldnt believe hesaid that because wher I have lived and grown up NO ONE is racist. So I flip out on him and hes going on how he hates blacks etc. but heres the crazy part hes half Philepino and looks it ....alot! So I kicked him out of the band I think were better off without him and he wasnt an esential part of the band anyway. You think I made the right decision?????
  2. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    which guitarist was it, and could the comment possibly have been taken out of context, or was he joking, even if it was in bad taste?
  3. markus

Jan 13, 2005
    No matter how essential he was in your band, you can't play with f***ing racists...
  4. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Definitely keep him out of the band. And never talk to him again. However I'm half-Filipino too and I see little relevance in actually looking half-Filipino -- to the moral of the story.
  5. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    well wouldnt you say phillepino's are minorities???

and no he wasnt joking or just using badd taste , he was going on and on how they shouldnt even be allowed in the country and **** and saying how his whole family is racist

oh and it was our rhythm guitarist who said this and he sucked anyway
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'da kicked his butt THEN kicked him out of the band. The only thing I truely Hate... is Hate
  7. Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Yeah, booting him out was the proper move, he would have messed up some social situation later, better to resolve that now than later.
  8. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    yea your right good call
  9. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Good riddance to 'im. He won't get very far in the music industry with that kind of attitude. Why hate someone for something as silly as their race, when there's all kinds of real and valid reasons to hate them, such as when they ask you why your guitar only has 4 strings...
  10. JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Even if he was freakin Hendrix, you did the right move.
  11. Well, it sounds like the bottom line was he is a lousy rhythm guitarist. So you did the right thing.
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  13. good call man......

can i ask....when you kicked him out, how far did his gear fly?.....i so hope it made the car park on it's own :spit:
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  15. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    So you hate the guy who hates other people? You're hating hate as well as forwarding hate. You must hate yourself for that! Then you'd hate hating yourself, and get angrier. And so on.

But yeah, kick the guy out, what an idiot. I wouldn't play with intolerant morons like that.
  16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    You know, USUALLY natural selection takes care of idiots like that. But, occasionally, you have to help.
  17. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I'd have kept all his stuff too.
  18. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Good for you! Now you have the rare oportunity to keep on playing but with JUST ONE GUITAR! You can't miss such an amazing oportunity!

P/S: Couldn't help it, I can't stand playing with 2 guitars (although I certainly do on some mercenary acts I work for...:( )
  19. pezoamo

pezoamo Guest

Mar 1, 2005
    I dont think Hendrix was racist haha
  20. You should've hit him in the face with his guitar, then beat the hell out of his amps and other gear with it until it broke.