Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

creaking into the digital age

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Dec 17, 2002.

1. hey all,

I recently got a BOSS BR532 and a Philips CDR600 so I can sketch down ideas and burn 'em to CD should I come up with something I like. definitely been fun and I'm glad I did, but...

I'm really sick of having to wear headphones when I work. can anyone recommend some small speakers I could use as monitors?

I (as well as most of us in the States, I imagine) get Musician's Friend and AMS catalogs on a freakishly regular basis and I was looking at the Roland MA-8's or something comparable. I'm not looking to spend more than $200-$300.

any suggestions?

from the low end,

Stew

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    KRK Rockit's and an old (ancient) NAD 40 wt per channel power amp work OK for me. I have other stuff to mix on but these are hooked to my Tascam 788 on a continual basis. A bit weak for playing bass through but for the price what wouldn't be.

I bought the KRK's at Guitar Center for $200 the pair on sale and the NAD was just lying around.

The setup gets painfully loud if I'm not playing live bass through it. If I feel like just cranking for a while, I run my DR-5 cranked and fire up a small bass rig. Get's way too loud for a 15 x 15 room.
    Hope that helps! Mal

3. thanks for the ideas, Mal. whatever I decide is going to be a ways off. this is not a time of year when I can load up on gear for me.

hope all's well where you are. take it light,

from the low end,

Stew