Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cream DVD (brand new one)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dougjwray, Oct 5, 2005.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Yesterday I had a chance to watch a bit of the new "Cream at Royal Albert Hall 2005" DVD. Because I'm going to see them at Madison Square Garden later this month :D I didn't want to see much of the music, and opted instead for the interviews. Those fascinated me, particularly because of the insights they give into their personalities: Eric Clapton is blunt, serious and proud; Jack Bruce is soft-spoken, humorous and kind; and Ginger Baker is a frighteningly intense old curmudgeon. I mean he's actually a bit scary. But you get a feel for how much these guys love each other, as well as the tremendous pressure they had on them when they walked onstage for the first show. (Can you imagine? Although Ginger is quick to point out, "I don't get nervous. The others do, but I don't.")
    Anyone else seen this yet?

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...I read the review at AMG.

Wow, Baker is 65?

3. My friend has it. He says the picture quality isn't the best, but the interviews are cool.