1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cream knobs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by codiak, Oct 25, 2018.

1. codiak

codiak

Mar 16, 2017
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I’m looking for cream knobs for my p bass. Preferably cream dome knobs. What are some good sites you have found? Stew Mac and AllParts excluded.

2. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

I usually go to AliExpress because it has all kinds of choices, might take a little longer to ship from China.

3. codiak

codiak

Mar 16, 2017
    Madison, Wisconsin
    That’s where I buy my jerseys. I’m looking for something to arrive before 3 weeks.

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  5. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    sissy kathy likes this.
  6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I found some cream and white jazz bass knob sets on ebay. Wasn’t looking for other styles so i can’t say for sure but it would take five minutes to search and see.

7. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  8. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    Pick your flavor Silver Galaxy Pearl Guitar Knobs Set of (3)

I've purchased two sets of knobs (clear black and black galaxy) from Xentric Guitars and have been very pleased with the high quality of the product. Even though the info says they won't fit a 1/4" shaft that is exactly what I used them on (SR5 Classic and USA SUB5) and all it took was a few spins (by hand) with a 1/4" drill bit and they fit perfectly.

I didn't see a solid cream color on offer but it may be worth an email to them.

cream-knobs.

9. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

This thread inspired me to change the knobs I got for a bass uke mod I had done a few months go. It was painted Olympic White by Pat Wilkins and I used chrome Strat knobs to match the chrome clover leaf tuners, but when you mentioned cream, I looked at it and realized off white would look better. I went over to Sam Ash and picked up a set. Thanks for the inspiration.

sissy kathy likes this.
  10. codiak

codiak

Mar 16, 2017
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I ordered the cream jazz knobs already. What’s hard to find is strat knobs with a set screw, which is ideally what I want.

I saw these too. My problem is they are off white (at least in this pic) and the pickup covers I got are cream. Thy look completely different.