Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Creative Audigy

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by air_leech, Mar 14, 2002.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    hey ppl,

I been recently looking seriously into home recording on my PC.
    I only plan to record sketchs and have fun with the recording set up but I might look into live home recording of a complete band in the future.

my question is, would the Creative Audigy (w/Audigy drive) be a good choice to accomplish my current goals and maybe my future intent of recording multiple channels simulateniously?
    is it any good at all or Creative still didnt get it right for home recording hardware?
    also what about latency?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    sorry, I was too lazy to write it again. I wrote it in one of the Cakewalk threads.

3. Try a Yamaha card - you'll be impressed.

Mine has the older DS-XG50 engine and it only cost $63 CAN. It beats the $300 Creative I returned by a longshot.

4. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    Thanks JMX, Creative is out of the list then.
    now, what about the Terratec DMX Fire6?

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Terratec is ok now I guess, they had a bad rep concerning their driver support some years ago (EWS64XL).
    I hear good things about Hoontech too, but Midiman has the best support of those three IMO.

They even had 2nd generation final drivers for Windows XP (which are really good and stable) when the others still only had beta drivers.

RME probably makes the best and most powerful cards out there but they're probably way over your/our budget.

www.rme-audio.com