Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Creative Meditations

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    So some people here know I've been stressing a few things lately. I came up with something the other day that I'd like to share. If anyone else has any like ideas - please share them too...

I live near the beach and go running several times a week. When I get to the water i usually sit and talk with the universe/my creator/god/the force - that indefinable thing i still don't feel comfortable giving a name to. i often notice that some of the stones washed upon the shore seem to attract me more than others, almost like they want me to take them home with me. the other day i took one and put it into my pocket. i started to get creative and began imagining that the stone was a battery, or a power pack of sorts from the universe. it's charge was that of love, peace, serenity, healing... all the good things in existence. it was packed with the stuff. i imagined that i could hold it in my fist at anytime throughout the day, and empower myself with all those things, while allowing all negativity in my body to flow into the rock. it could drain me of uselss crap, and fill me with wonderful things. at the end of the day it would be used up like the battery in a cellphone - useless and dead. i could then throw back outside where nature would charge it once again for the next person or whatever needed it.

i'm usually not anywhere near that creative so i thought it was something i needed to put out there. hope someone finds a use for it.

anyone else have any similar rituals that bring them peace and harmony????

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    wow....interesting thoughts Joe. I don't have enough time in my day to think about rocks that long.

-Mike

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I try to smile more often.

4. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    Thanks, Mr. Nerve.

It seems we are cursed (as the Chinese say) to live in interesting times. Wars, poverty, "cost of living get so high", fundamentalism (we know we are right, and we know the only right) of all types...all of these things bring a boatload of bad to regular folks, and maybe even more to creative types.

At least I think so.

As individuals we all need to find ways to release the bad so that we can stay strong, and stay on the path that we think is good and positive. You've got to know the bad, but let it go..don't get permanently angry, don't get frustrated, and don't give up.

Sounds like you've found something that works for you. Times are bleak, but positive people will pull us through. We've got to keep the faith.

5. Before I fall asleep and when I first wake up in the morning, I always think of how I can make the lives of the people dearest to my heart better. I'm nowhere near as spiritualistic as you, Joe, but my few thoughts and then subsequent actions lets me sleep easier at night.

Leigh