Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Creed Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by muzfuz, Jun 29, 2001.

1. muzfuz

muzfuz

Oct 2, 2000
    Does anyone know who is going to be playing bass on creed's next album, coming out in november? Anyone? I checked the website, and they don't mention anything about a new bassist.

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    could be going without one, thats what i think.
    later
    lukas

3. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Before I read that, I could not have imagined Creed sucking any more than they do now. If you're right, ashton, the suckiness of Creed will be at a new all time high.

4. Cornbread, the guitarist will be doing the bass tracks. And please shut up, I happen to like Creed.

5. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Creed really really sucks, yes.
    Their first album was ok , but now.. man.. i wish they would just go away and hide or something.

/lovebown

6. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hey
    i like some of creeds stuff cause they have a
    "talented" guitar player to say the least. ill admit that they ripped off Pearl Jam megahugemaxigigantically, but they can still beat out a few good tunes. but i think that they are about to dig their own grave-musically. they have released too many albums in too short of a time they need a break to put it in english. they will probably break up with in a year, they had some good songs though.

7. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I could have seen that coming. I read an interview with the guitarist, and he seems like the biggest jerk with a gigantic ego. He said he wants to be playing every second of the song and sound like 3 guitars at once. He also stated that everyone who says Creed sucks is just jealous of Creed's fame.:rolleyes: I guess if you're into guitar wanking, he could be a "role model".
    And I have no problem with anyone liking Creed; feel free to dis the bands I like.

8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Maybe Jason Newsted could be Creed's new bassist? Seriously though, I dislike Creed too. I read his Guitar World interview as well, and Mark Tremonti seems like an even bigger ass than I am. ;)

9. i'm still in shock that Marshall quit (or was he fired?) I mean, after all... all that money!!!!

10. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Who knows maybe he had some musical integrity.... :)

/lovebown

11. Was Marshall not the guy that Stapp fired after he said "Scott Stapp is the best songwriter in the world, even better than Eddie Vedder". Apparently Stapp saw this as blasphemy and got rid of him. Or so I read.

12. Damn right, its blasphemy! No way is Stapp anywhere near as good as Vedder. He does however has a voice that is a direct rip off of Vedders. In New Zealand, everyone rips the sh*t out of Creed for having the gayest sounding vocalist in the history of music

13. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    He might sound better if he takes the rocks out of his mouth.

14. I'll admit Creed does sound like some other artists, but everyone has their influences and Creed is not afraid to show it. Plus, Stapp can write pretty good songs.

Alice in Chains + Meticallica = Creed & Godsmack

I love Alice in Chains. I like Metallica. I like Creed. I like Godsmack

And please, it's not his fault his voice is like that! Unless he got a vocal cord operation or something like that:D

15. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Creed is a great band, you have to give the man some credit for writing about meaningful issues. If the band wasn't as famous as they are I bet less people would be bad mouthing them. When Nirvana first started getting airplay everyone was all into them. But then when they exploded the same little wannabe's where dissing them, sounds familiar.

Open your mind and stop trying to sound cool by dissing them.

When

Peace

16. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Diffrence is Nirvana was a good band and Creed really really sucks.

That's all.
    /lovebown

17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't like Creed, but I never had a real problem with what they are doing musically. I don't like 'em, I don't listen to 'em. Simple. My problem (and IMO, the reason it is so easy for myself and others to dis them), is with certain band members coming out in the media and making claims that other musicians are just jealous of them and their popularity. Their arrogance makes them an easy target. Templelife, you mentioned Nirvana in your post as well -- I don't ever recall Kurt coming out to say that he was the greatest thing to ever pick up a guitar, or that people who hated them were jealous of their fame and/or abilities. In fact, I think Kurt was very modest about what Nirvana was doing and if anything, he couldn't understand the band's popularity. Whether that was a 'publicity stunt' or not, it spoke volumes to me -- more than Tremonti and Stapp's arrogance ever will. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is something completely different.

18. I can't believe you guys, I happen to think Creed is a really good band and they are all very talented musicians. I didn't read the Tremonti interview but it sounds like what he was saying about jealousy is at least half true, even if its not a good idea to say something like that publicly.

19. templelife

templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Did someone in Creed say that "he was the greatest thing to ever pick up a guitar"? I think I missed something.

Well actually Kurt was very vocal about his dislike, at the time, of bands like Guns and Roses and Pearl Jam. And he thought he was better then a lot of bands such as Guns N' Roses'

(from The Advocate 2/92)
    However Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?

(Kurt)
    "I can't think of a damn thing. I can't even waste my time on that band, because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented. I used to think that everything in the mainstream pop world was crap, but now that some underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as more of an offense. I have to look into it more: They're really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can't believe it."

And "Lovebone" your not making any point. I'm sure you can back up your statement with a little bit more articulation.

Laters

20. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Hmmm. Granted they have a few "ok" songs, their stuff is some kind 3rd generation awful grunge (without any of the aesthetics of true "grunge"), as in their music is ripped off of Pearl Jam AIC etc.

And also, what is annoying about them is how they want to please everyone. They are afraid to go far in any direction, quite frankly a band without any integrity. They claim to be "spiritual" but not "christian" (although they obviously are, at least if you read their lyrics), simply to attract churchgoers, and just regular rock "fans" and also "parent-friendly" rock that can attract the 35+ audience.

Their image is also very "cheesy". They look like attractive young men, but not too challenging (pearcings , whatever) to attract the biggest audience possible.

Actually, it's not Creed who suck. It's the people who actually listens to their crappy music.

Ok done.

PS. Don't give me the "you're just jealous" bull****. thx.
    /lovebown