Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Creed Fans Sue Band Over Show

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=17948

P.T. Barnum lives!

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree. Let's start with that picture of Stapp in the article.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The irony here is so thick I'm tempted to break off pieces and lob them at the heads of some unsuspecting Creed fans. :D ;)

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I bet we could photoshop a cool line into that pic.

Hmm, I wonder if Scott Stapp = Next Axl. Rose

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Like this?*

[​IMG]

*all pictures in this post are the opinion of Blisshead. Post not intended as scientific proof that Stapp is indeed physically a human butt.

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I don't need homeboy giving a bad name to my ilk. ;)

7. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    D'oh, sorry I'll edit that.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Psh.

Sue them for all they got, or just make stapp stop singing.

9. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    ROFLMAO - Love the edit :D ;)

10. on one hand, the performance was a ripoff. on the other hand, the people were there to see creed. neither of them deserve to win. maybe we can just take a couple large from creed and give it to public education. music classes in particular. ;)

11. This couldn't happen to a nicer guy/band :D

Unfortunately, I doubt it will go anywhere - but I give points to the fans who are trying - it seems fair enough, that when you put down your money, you get a great experience.

I've played plenty of keggers where I was ripped (or so i've been told:eek: ) - but when real money comes into play, it's time to be a professional.

12. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Granted, giving a paid performance when you're not at the top of your game is unprofessional as all hell, but have any of you thought of the ramifications of what lies in our future as musicians should this lawsuit succeed? This could be a VERY ugly precedent.

I firmly believe that if someone is unhappy with your performance, decency would dictate that you try to make it right - but to have that legally mandated opens up a floodgate for abuse.

Discuss.

13. Well, I don't think this is anything new. I'm sure bands have been sued about having crappy performances before. So I don't know if it'd be a precedent. Even if this case doesn't go through it won't mean that no one will ever sue a band again. If the oppurtunity for a buck to made is there, people will always do things like this. Even if they have no hope of winning the case there's still a chance that the band will settle out of court to avoid large legal bills.

In addition, I think that all the Creed fans should donate all the money they get to the "Will's Foundation for Educating Crappy Music Fans". So they can help themselves get back on their feet.

Free beets and hot water served daily.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Good point: Bob Dylan's career would never have gotten off the ground!

I love Bobby Z; ah'm just sayin' his voice is an acquired taste, knowhutamean?

15. imo, thats one of the stupidest law suits ever.

Anyone who pays that much for a show is a dope anyways.

16. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    Creed sets an ugly precedent.

17. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    That Creed and Scott Stapp in particular seem to be imploding is fine with me... Someone get the Behind the Music people on the phone...

18. There already was a Behind the Music on Creed. It came out a season or two ago.

19. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Well then it's time to get the "Where Are They Now?" people warmed up and ready.

20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Out of 15,000 fans there, only 4 are filing a lawsuit?
    Maybe those four were too polluted to understand what Scott was singing.