Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Creed's Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by LA, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I saw the beginning of Creed's Weathered tour on VH-1 last night (1-16-02). Who was playing bass for them? Any idea?

2. Their old bassist was Brian Marshall. He was a founding member of the band and I have been pondering the same question as to who they have for a bass player now.

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    would be a nice gig if you want absolutely no recognition.

4. Lazy

Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    I don't know the guy's name, but I've seen him play with them many times with a Stingray 5 and he uses a pick exclusively.

5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    The bass players name is Brett Hestla, and he has his own band called "Virgos."

I'm not a big Creed fan, but I remember hearing an interview where they mentioned that he won't be a 'real' member, but will take care of the touring for the band...

6. Berklee,
    How did you know that? I am amazed!

7. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Amazed that *I* knew the information, or just that *someone* was able to find it? :)

I remember hearing something on the radio about them not wanting to have a 4th member of the band, so they would use a touring bass player and let the guitarist record the bass tracks for albums. (For what it's worth, I thought the old bass player was pretty good - from what I've heard of the new album, the bass tracks sound like a guitarist playing bass)

The easy answer is I just checked www.creed.com to find out the guys name....

8. I'm just surprised that anybody would be able to find that. I have only heard one song from their new album and I wasn't that impressed by the bass line. Mark Tremonti is a great guitar player but they really need a REAL BASS PLAYER for the studio.

9. Creed isn't too bad, Tremonti is a good player, but I have seen NO tough or creative bass lines from the old guy or the new guy. It all seems to be the same. When I listen to music I like all the little pieces of my musical mind to be stimulated...guitar, drums, bass, vocals....you know. That's why I listen to Incubus.

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Why?

11. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Although I'm not a Creed fan, I must give Tremonti credit for his words in a recent interview with a guitar magazine.

He acknowledged that playing bass isn't just playing a guitar with 4 strings, and that it is a challenging instrument.

12. I think Tremonti's OK, but I get tired of seeing him with his foot on the stage monitors all the time.

I watched a little bit of their live concert the other night on TV, I wasn't impressed.

13. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    He also nods his head a lot in a "darn, I'm good" kind of way.

14. If you're saying what I think you're trying to say, :rolleyes:.

Scott Stapp reminds me a lot of the power balladeers of the '70s and '80s (and yes, I hate power ballads). He's got the clinched fist cliches going while Mark Tremonti plays his stolen Metallica riffs and TRIES to look bad ass. I hope Creed die off very, very soon...

15. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    What offends me most is your horrible grammar and lack of punctuation.

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ya Know this thread started out as an Innocent question. Now its starting to get ugly. Why the hints of homosexuality even came up is beyond me, but if yall feel the need to act like fools and bring up stuff that is TOTALLY IRELIVENT to the question at hand, then i feel the need to close this thread and delete all the stupidity that is starting to abound in it.

Have a Nice Day

Mama Cass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.