Creepy Craigslist Ad

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lfmn16, Apr 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lfmn16

lfmn16 Inactive

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Anyone else find this really creepy? A 54 year old man obsessing over Taylor Swift? Maybe I should send this to her security detail. :rollno:

Taylor Swift: hottest cool chic ever ever ever

Taylor Swift: hottest cool chic ever ever ever (Hagerstown) hide this posting

Im54 yrs old. Crazy about Taylor Swift when she was discovered. I always said let's see where she is when she is 30. It only gets better with age. I admire her even more as a person than her stardom. I'll probably never even meet her in person. It's just an amazing ordeal or tale for me. Does everyone even know how wealthy this girl is and how she invests and manages her money. Her mom and dad work for her and are taken care of. She could have retired yrs ago and still has investment income. She makes Trump look dull, because she is still just young. Her character is nearly flawless without shame. Anyone who has picked on Her was a little out of line. Jealous drives some people to disrespect only themselves in the end. Bye, Taylor Swift amazed here.!!

BurnOut and ONYX like this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Very weird.

Actually, her dad financed the beginning of her career. He owns Swift Transportation and was a millionaire long before she was.
    Swift Transportation - North America's Largest Full Truckload Carrier

Rumor has it that she was able to get the attention of record companies by selling over 100,000 copies of her self-released debit album. Supposedly, her dad bought 100,000 copies.

Another rumor around Nashville was that she didn't write all of her songs once she hit it big. She would have rooms of writers set up at the label's office and she would go from room to room and say "Change the bridge" or "make the lead vocal line lower here" while minions did most of the actual writing. Then again, Nashville is known for both true stories of musical shenanigans AND bold-faced lies.

That being said, my hot redneck wife loves her. Every now and then she'll show me a video of "T Swifty" doing something very kind for a fan. She donates a gazillion dollars annually to all kinds of charities. And she seems like a nice person overall.

She definitely has tapped into an audience of adoring fans. Is she an amazing singer? Nope. But neither was Rod Stewart or Joe Cocker. They all just have that "certain something" the masses can latch onto.

I did a few of her "country" songs in a female-fronted band. They were good songs and fun to play. Singing backups over the female singer was a challenge all its own.

But, yeah, just posting your feelings for her in a CL ad.... especially in your 50s..... is creepy and weird for sure.

catcauphonic and ICM like this.
  3. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Sounds like maybe a developmentally disabled person maybe looking for a way to shout out to Taylor Swift and post against haters? That's the only way I can make it not creepy. And still it's kind of creeping.

Mvilmany likes this.
  4. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Many pop stars buy songs or hire ghost writers. It's typical to not have time to write good songs without help when you are touring and promoting constantly. Not a fan.

5. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Maybe the local law enforcement should check out that dude's basement and/or crawlspace.

hrodbert696, dwm74 and Bassbeater like this.
  6. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    Funny...a few years ago, one of the country Sirius station was interviewing a songwriter (I have forgotten the name) and the interviewer asked him about Taylor Swift. The songwriter said that he was contacted by a producer to help fix some of the songs that a young singer was trying to use for a demo. The writer said, 'fine, when do we start?' The producer said they couldn't start immediately, the singer was only 17 and couldn't start, until after school. The writer said, 'no thanks, I don't have time to babysit someone's kid!'
    The songwriter found out later that the singer was Taylor Swift; the writer told the interviewer that he would have been set for life, had he taken the gig!

7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I don't know about all that... I heard a recording of her talking about grabbing guys by their privates.

Hmm.....

OK. The Craigslist guy is on the money.

If Taylor Swift ever reads this: I was joking.

JRA likes this.
  8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

The ad doesn't mention if it's a woman or a man, but a 54 year old should know the difference between jealousy & envy.

9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

i felt the same way about tessanne chin. :D

dwm74 likes this.
  10. klejst

klejst Guest

Oct 5, 2010
    I see nothing weird or wrong with the ad....

:smug:

11. toowrongfoo

toowrongfoo

Nov 25, 2017
    The world is an upside down fruitcake with mint berry frosting.

PWRL likes this.
  12. lfmn16

lfmn16 Inactive

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Nothing creepy at all.

creepy.jpg

13. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was going to say the same thing about Arianna Grande. Warped minds think alike, I guess. ;)

JRA likes this.
  14. Not as creepy as what that D-Bag Kanye did to Taylor on live TV at VMA Awards show. Just sayin.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    catcauphonic likes this.
  15. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

i'm good on the upside down fruitcake (yum), but that mint berry frosting thing is, well....creepy!

( :laugh: )

toowrongfoo likes this.
  16. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

1. Yep, kinda weird.
    2. Don't much care one way or another. Taylor Swift has talent, but so do a lot of people. She was financed early on. Most aren't. I don't begrudge her success at all, but I certainly don't have any illusions that she made it on her own.

danesdad and Bassbeater like this.
  17. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Not sure if you are joking, but this isn't true. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I have some familiarity with Swift Transportation.

18. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Kanye is like that 5 year old kid at the party who smashes the cake because it isn't his birthday.

dwm74, lfmn16, toowrongfoo and 3 others like this.
  19. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    That's what separates a good songwriter /band from an entertainer /performer

Bassbeater likes this.
  20. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Creepy Craigslist ad — isn't that redundant?

toowrongfoo likes this.