Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cremona SB-3

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by wen1012, Jan 31, 2002.

1. wen1012

wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    Taipei,Taiwan
    Hi,
    Does anyone have try try bass or even have this bass ? Is it have a real ebony fingerbord and tailpiece ? How is it sound ? I come from Taiwan,and see this bass on a online store,so I don't have chance to try it !
    Any recommend are welcome !! Thanks !!

2. Try=Yes
    Have=Yes
    Ebony=HA Ha HA, no
    Sound=Crap
    Search=Try

3. wen1012

wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    Taipei,Taiwan
    Thanks ! I think take this bass is very bad idea.In fact ,I'm interesting in Engelhardt Swing Master,but I don't know where to buy (It must be can ship string bass to Taiwan).I can't find Engelhardt in Taiwan.

4. You can ship anything any where. I sure if you ask "all hail"Bob, the procurer of all bass products, he can ship to you or CVeltwhatshisname. I suggest locating someone near a bass that you are interested in and ask them to take a look at it.

There has to be someone near you that sells basses. It's not that small of an island.

Mark

5. wen1012

wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    Taipei,Taiwan
    I had ask Bob before and he say can't ship bass to Taiwan.
    The music store in here doesn't have many string bass,they have a lot of violin .cello..because more people wants to learn that.I have been luckly find some string bass in the shop,but the price is so high.A bass look like Cremona and sound very bad is ask for us$ 1100 (also a china bass),can you believe that ?
    So when I find so many information about bass on internet,I just know what is good and what is bad.I see many recommend for Engelhardt,and I think get it is good choose,but the problem is how to get it.

6. Go to your local jazz club or cafe that has a live group with a bass player and ask them how they found their bass.

7. wen1012

wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    Taipei,Taiwan
    Thanks for gruffpuppy and oldsaw ! The Music123 have the same answer as Bob,and the jazz bass player in here not use string bass often,usually use bass guitar and classical player are use Hi-End Bass,is to expensive for student level like me.I've 2 EUB (Aria SWB-04 and Kydd 6 string carry on),I want sale Aria buy a good string bass.

8. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Wen: we know that trading between Taiwan and Main Land is not the easiest, but aside from Cremonas and Palatinos basses, there are some really good and yet very afordable basses made in the Main Land (I think that they transit thru Hong Kong). Maybe that's where you should look for your bass, rather than importing an instrument from the US. Here, in Europe, I have never seen a Kay (had to go to Gage's shop to see one): probably the cost for shipment make them non-competitive. But we get Chinese instruments at very competitive price. Why don't you track down one of those Christopher ?

And again, try to find a double bass teacher, try to get in touch with the bass section of the Taipei Symphony Orchestra, call conservatories of music and the National Institute of the Arts. Also: Hakuei Terence, violin-maker (Mintsu East Road Taipei).

Good luck

9. wen1012

wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    Taipei,Taiwan
    Thanks! olivier.

But do you know how to connect Cristophers workshop in China,I mean do they have website or email address,phone number.

10. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Here's the site (type "christopher AND bass" in Google): http://www.concordgroup.com/bass.htm

But I am not shure this is the best place to start with since you will need a luthier to set up the instrument, and a teacher to take lessons. Get more info at the places I have suggested.