Crescent Moon bass(es) in MD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, May 22, 2002.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've asked Craig Mueller of Crescent Moon Guitars to bring one (or more) of his basses over to Atomic Music in College Park this Friday. Thought it would be interesting to get these into people's hands... I know I'm impressed with what I've played. Any MD/DC/VA bassists... I'll see you there.

These pics are from, where he's listed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i dont like the headstock too much but they look really nice anyways!
  3. Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA

I don't know why I never replied to this before, but I played a Crescent Moon 4 (Zebrawood) over at Atomic Music and absolutely loved it. Maybe it's one Craig brought in that night. Almost thought about bringing my smith in there to see if they'd do an in-kind trade.

If you know anything else about these, please post --I'd really like to know more.

Also, are you affiliated with Atomic at all, or are you just another loyal (or crazy, as my wife might say) customer like me?
  4. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I just got back from a Guitar Show here in Cincy. I got a chance to talk to Craig and play his one of his basses. :eek:

Wow. They are amazing. For anyone who is looking for a higher end bass should check him out. They are very nice instruments.
  5. DSD#8

DSD#8 Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2011
    the necks are from carvin, the headstock have been reshaped at the end and cresentmoon logo added, great sounding instrument.
  6. The headstock reminds me of the old ESP/LTD "c**kstocks".

Nice looking basses, though!