1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Crest CA-6 / Eastern Virginia & NC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Zooberwerx, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    ...the NC is an abbreviation for "North Carolina", not "no charge". Pics later today...I hope.

I'm now 54 and the amp weighs 45 lbs...do the math. I really need to upgrade / downsize to one of the newer lightweight units.

I picked this beast up years ago as it came with an Alembic preamp package. Well, the Alembic is long-gone but the CA-6 remains and has been the anchor (appropriate, eh?) in one of my two bass racks. It is in good cosmetic condition and 100% in terms of function. I've regularly removed the lid to blow the thing out and used only high quality tuner cleaner / lubricant on the attenuator pots. Couple of considerations, though:

*This particular model sports binding post speaker outs only but how difficult is it to install banana plugs? I do have one banana plug > Speakon cable which I'll include.

*The chassis is missing the air inlet filters / clips. Bad design and pretty much worthless IMO.

Asking $350 and would like to deal locally if possible. The box is heavier-than-hell and will be expensive to ship. I'll do it but the buyer will have to provide some $$ assistance with shipping charges. I'm located in Virginia Beach but, via "pony express", I can cart the unit to Williamsburg, Richmond, Salisbury (Eastern Shore), Washington NC, etc.

I also have a soft-spot for trade bait but you all know that already!

Riis

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    C'mon now....somebody must need a CA-6. I'll listen to any offers.

On a bright note: once you start luggin' this thing around, you can cancel your gym membership.

Riis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.