1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CREST CA9, LT2000, or ST2000 poweramp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dominic54321, Mar 23, 2006.

1. I am on the fence as to which poweramp to choose. I really like the CA9 sound that everyone talks about, but I also like the weight of the st2000. I play a 5 string custom spector that is VERY hot, and I haven't found a setup that can handle my low B string yet. I have a sansamp RBI preamp, and a schroeder 410r cab rated at 1400watts rms at 4 ohms, all I need now is a poweramp. It's either gonna be a crest CA9, LT2000, or a ST2000. I would love some input as to the st2000. Has anyone A/B'd the CA9 and the ST2000? Any input would be appreciated.

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I had an ST2000 (if you are looking for a used one, mine is on the used gear page at thunderfunk.com). It was great, super powerful and very very light. Never compared one with a CA9 so I can't compare them.

3. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    PM sent. I say go for the LT2000!

4. yeah, that's what i was thinking, maybe go for the LT2000, seems like it has that CA9 setup and power, with a little less weight.

5. What kind of setup do you have now? How does it compare to the ST2000?