Crest CA9 Rig 2nd and 3rd Gig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Jul 8, 2004.

1. I've been on vacation and very busy so I've got a few minutes to update. Do a search on my " Crest CA9 first time out" string to see those results. I hope this thread is not as controversial as the first.
    Pretty much like the first time out the Crest CA9 added to my Demeter VTBP201S and Bergantino NV610 rig was like opening a can of industrial strength WhoopA$$. The very punchy all around tone with the now even thicker/richer bottom end gravy gave my butt cheeks a real work out. The drummer actually took notice of the more pronounced bootay that was present. The second gig was the real big test for me. A large outside venue which has given me trouble in the past as far as hearing myself. Not this time. All though it continues to be the most taxing to hear, the CA9 made the diff. The next gig was smaller but also outside. I had to turn everything down for that one, but still had several gawkers breathing way to close to me and my rig. I've got a couple more outsiders left this season and will report.
  2. :eyebrow: You've definately sparked my interest in the CA9. Thank you for the reviews and enjoy your remaining outdoor gigs. Those are my favorites (not necessarially for sound!).
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Very cool, Biggie. I'm jonesing pretty bad at this point... :eek:
  4. Did I mention it's heavy.... oye
    I'm sorta kinda getting used to moving lead sleds again.
  5. You mean it still works after 3 gigs? :p;):D

Sorry, couldn't resist, but I'm pretty sure Crest has cleared the reliability issues up by now...

Glad you're digging it, Big String! In the end that's what counts, all technical arguments aside. Now you just need an NV-215 to go with that...... And so do I! :D
  6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Sounds like it's working good for you.

7. Mark .... You first :D
    I'll bet the two NV cabs together would be tone banquet. Oh heck there are three NV cabs now.... I just wish there was a dealer savy enough to carry the line here or near Chicago. I still can't believe that such a musical area doesn't have the Bergs. Everytime I use any of my Bergies someone comments on how great my gear sounds (never the playing...) so I can't believe there isn't more interest around here. Anyway if there was you can bet I'd be auditioning my 610 with a 215 and definaltley trying out the new NV425. Yep, the CA9 is still working and really helps pump out the lows. I'm currently happy.
  8. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Hey Big, is this place far from you?

153 E. 2nd St. Kaukauna, WI 54130
    Phone 1-920-766-7744
    Toll Free 1-800-826-0707

It looks like he only has the HT series in stock, but my friend got his NV610 from there and said the customer service was excellent. Not sure how close to Chicago it is though...

Also -- congrats on your new power amp. I might look into the CA-6 myself.

9. Probably several hours or more at least. Thanks though, if I get the urge that's probably one of the closest.
  10. I know what you mean. The nearest dealers to me are in Boston or in Toronto so I haven't had the chance to try any of the other Berg stuff... On second thought, that's probably a good thing...:D Someone's commented on how good my rig sounds at every gig that I've used my NV-610 at as well... Then they always ask what kind of cab it is. Only one person so far has even heard of Bergantino.....
    An NV-610+215 rig would be utterly sick sounding! :D