Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crest LT1000 connections

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbass67, May 5, 2004.

1. jbass67

jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    i have a Crest LT1000 coming from e-bay & i want to prepare
    what i need so i can plug & play when it arrives.
    the amp has speakon & banana connectors & my avatar B212
    has 1/4 female.
    i'd like some suggestions as to what connectors i can use for the best connection to cabinet. i.e. banana to 1/4 female, banana to 1/4 male, speakon to 1/4 male, bridged mono speakon to 1/4 female, etc.
    or should i change the cabinet to speakon?
    also is the left speakon connector on the LT1000 used to bridge mono with a bridged mono speakon cable?

suggestions appreciated!!

2. jbass67

jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    no replies!!
    i thought brian barrett would have something to contribute!

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    me too.... I just emailed him the link ;)

I don't own one YET! so I'm no help

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I find for best results to use stripped wires for the lug terminals to a 1/4 or speakon, which ever you like. You can use banana plugs for the lugs, but banana’s can shake loose and I feel the bare wire's run through the lug is a better connection.

As for the peakon's out of the crest. If your running stereo is fine, but actually running bridge speakon A is the one you would use for mono, however it doesn't seem to have the output for whatever reason that the lugs have when running mono on both red's.

The LT series is a great amp and it’s a good time to buy them because Crest just doubled their price on the LT series amps! I just called yesterday to order 3 and was stunned! Seems Crest is coming out with two more new power amp’s along side of the new Pro series and replacing the LT series and the already replaced ST over the next few months. Not sure what the increase in price was for other then to maybe slow order’s down on them, but they did.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:eek: :eek: :eek:

dang!

6. jbass67

jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    thanks speddling for forwarding & brian for the info.
    i'm anticipating hooking it up with various cabinet
    and preamp combinations!!